Auto translate parts of segments.
Thread poster: Translation_T

Translation_T
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Sep 2, 2015

I've recently begun using Omega_T, and I think it's a great program. There's something I can't put my finger on though. How do I auto translate parts of segments? In this particular case I'm translating a web page which contains many parts of segments that are identical. If I try to insert an auto translation it replaces the entire segment and that is not what I want.

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:47
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Not yet Sep 2, 2015

Translation_T wrote:
If I try to insert an auto translation it replaces the entire segment and that is not what I want.

1. OmegaT doesn't do sub-segment matching yet.

2. When you say "auto translation", do you mean machine translation, or do you mean fuzzy matches?

Translation_T
Netherlands
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 8, 2015

Thank you for your reply. By auto translation I mean fuzzy matches.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Auto translate parts of segments.

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search