apertium and microsoft translator for omegat
Thread poster: sergio ramos

sergio ramos
Spain
Local time: 20:17
German to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 15, 2016

i would like to ask you for some solutions i need with the errors that occurre when i'm translating with omegat 3.1.9_4.

The main problem has to do with the machine translation "apertium" and "microsoft translator"

Apertium spanish to catalan or english to spanish: it does work, but from the first segmen of the translation. Each time i jump to the next segmen, at the translation window appears "Error 500: Unexpected Error: null " i have no idea about why. when i save the document and refresh the program it works again, but at the next segment appears the error again and so over. I don't know how to fix it.

"microsoft translator": I have joined on the website where i can upload the microsoft translator program. I have installed and applied the program in the file from Omegat. I have checked that the id user and password are correct, however at the translation window says: "Microsoft Translator's Client ID or Client Secret not available. See OmegaT manual for instructions. ".

please help me.


thanks a lot for your answers


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:17
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Install Apertium locally Feb 15, 2016

sergio1986 wrote:
i would like to ask you for some solutions i need with the errors that occurre when i'm translating with omegat 3.1.9_4.

The main problem has to do with the machine translation "apertium" and "microsoft translator"

Apertium spanish to catalan or english to spanish: it does work, but from the first segmen of the translation. Each time i jump to the next segmen, at the translation window appears "Error 500: Unexpected Error: null " i have no idea about why. when i save the document and refresh the program it works again, but at the next segment appears the error again and so over. I don't know how to fix it.

Here, Apertium doesn't seem to work at all today.
However, it is really recommended to install Apertium as a local plugin:
http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Apertium-OmegaT

"microsoft translator": I have joined on the website where i can upload the microsoft translator program. I have installed and applied the program in the file from Omegat. I have checked that the id user and password are correct, however at the translation window says: "Microsoft Translator's Client ID or Client Secret not available. See OmegaT manual for instructions. ".

There must be something wrong with the way you have entered your credentials in OmegaT.
See
http://omegat.sourceforge.net/manual-standard/en/chapter.machine.translate.html#d0e8821
and
http://wordfast.fi/blog/cat-tools/2013/05/13/machine-translation-in-omegat-for-windows/

Didier


Direct link Reply with quote
 
EngToEsp
Spain
Use YASKE Feb 17, 2016

I would just forget them and simply go to YASKE, wich (at least in Eng to Esp combination) works much much much better.

Direct link Reply with quote
 
EngToEsp
Spain
Ups... I meant YANDEX Feb 18, 2016

EngToEsp wrote:

I would just forget them and simply go to YASKE, wich (at least in Eng to Esp combination) works much much much better.


I meant YANDEX.
Sorry for that


Direct link Reply with quote
 

ArelTranslation
Netherlands
Local time: 20:17
English to Italian
I had the same problem myself Mar 11, 2016

sergio1986 wrote:

"the translation window says: "Microsoft Translator's Client ID or Client Secret not available. See OmegaT manual for instructions. ".



You will need to delete the "#" before the "-" where it says:
- Dmicrosoft.api.client and the one for the client secret.
You will have to do the same every time you want to activate a "function" with other credentials.

I have a different problem...The auto translation of Ms translator on my OmegaT doesn't work at all, and I cannot find an explanation. I checked all the credentials and procedure and it is all right.
When I open a project and start translate, the auto translation window remains blank.

Has someone advices?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:17
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Does your Internet connexion work in OmegaT? Mar 11, 2016

ArelTranslation wrote:
I have a different problem...The auto translation of Ms translator on my OmegaT doesn't work at all, and I cannot find an explanation. I checked all the credentials and procedure and it is all right.
When I open a project and start translate, the auto translation window remains blank.

Has someone advices?

First test, check whether the Internet connexion works in OmegaT, for instance using Apertium.

Next, you can check whether there is something in the log (Help > Log). Go at the bottom of the report to check the most recent actions.

Didier

(Edit title)

[Edited at 2016-03-11 16:23 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-03-11 16:23 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:17
English to Czech
Apertium and Slate in OmegaT - new presentation Mar 12, 2016

Didier Briel wrote:

Install Apertium locally
Didier


http://www.condak.cz/nove/2016-03/12/cs/00.html

Apertium and Slate in OmegaT

Local machine translators in OmegaT.
OmegaT v. 3.6.0.

Milan


Direct link Reply with quote
 


There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »


apertium and microsoft translator for omegat

Advanced search






Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search