Thread poster: Traductrice PRO

Traductrice PRO  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:37
Member (2014)
French to English
+ ...
Mar 15, 2016

Greetings to all! I suddenly got an error on OmegaT. It was a saving error. I did not worry too much because my work was already saved. When I opened OmegaT again, my project files are completely untranslated. I tried opening the project_save.tmx in a word file and the translation is there. I don't understand why it won't load in OmegaT. It is the first time I have used this CAT tool. Solutions and suggestions will be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:37
Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
not erased Mar 15, 2016

If it's there in the tmx file, then it is not erased.
Did you consult the manual? file:///C:/Program%20Files%20%28x86%29/OmegaT_3.6.0/docs/en/chapter.misc.html#preventing.data.loss

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Try this Mar 15, 2016

Lovenah Panray wrote:
When I opened OmegaT again, my project files are completely untranslated.

I don't know what had happened, but if you say that your project_save.tmx file contains the translation, then try this emergency method: create a new project, put your source files in the /source/ folder, and put your old project_save.tmx file in the /tm/auto/ folder. Then press F5.

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Same link on the Internet Mar 15, 2016

Susan Welsh wrote:
If it's there in the tmx file, then it is not erased.
Did you consult the manual? file:///C:/Program%20Files%20%28x86%29/OmegaT_3.6.0/docs/en/chapter.misc.html#preventing.data.loss

Here is the same link on the Internet:
http://omegat.sourceforge.net/manual-standard/en/chapter.misc.html#preventing.data.loss

Didier

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

All work erased in OmegaT

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search