OmegaT: how to edit html tag variables in a xml (typo3 localisation manager xml)
Thread poster: GeorgHg
GeorgHg
Germany
New user
Sep 27

Hello,

I use OmegaT to translate website content, wich includes links in html format. The links are interpreted as formatting tags by OmegaT, but I have to change the variables inside the tag.

The site is made with typo3, the source files obtained per export with the localization manager (l10nmgr).
The only solution I found so far is to edit the links either with notepad or in typo3 directly, both options are time consuming.

Is it possible to show the tags as they are in the source document?

Is it possible to edit the tags manually?

Is there a plug-in to edit the tags?

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:21
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Display tags is easy, edit them is not Sep 27

GeorgHg wrote:
I use OmegaT to translate website content, wich includes links in html format. The links are interpreted as formatting tags by OmegaT, but I have to change the variables inside the tag.

The site is made with typo3, the source files obtained per export with the localization manager (l10nmgr).
The only solution I found so far is to edit the links either with notepad or in typo3 directly, both options are time consuming.

Is it possible to show the tags as they are in the source document?

Yes.
Just hover on the tag with the mouse. A tooltip will display the tag content.

Is it possible to edit the tags manually?

No.

Is there a plug-in to edit the tags?

One solution would be to use a different filter to translate the XML files. Instead of using the l10nmgr filter provided by OmegaT, you could use the generic XML filter from Okapi: http://okapiframework.org/wiki/index.php?title=Okapi_Filters_Plugin_for_OmegaT

With that filter, you could use ITS to describe the parts to translate, including the links:
http://okapiframework.org/wiki/index.php?title=XML_Filter

Didier

GeorgHg
Germany
New user
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your reply Sep 28

OmegaT can't open l10nmgr xml with the normal xml filter sadly.
I guess I can change the attribute of the links during the last proofing on the website.

Georg

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:21
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
It can Sep 28

GeorgHg wrote:
OmegaT can't open l10nmgr xml with the normal xml filter sadly.

If by "normal", you mean the Okapi XML filter, it can. (Unless the file is not well-formed XML, but, in that case, OmegaT couldn't open it either.) It just has to be configured.
I suggest you ask for help in the Okapi user group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/okapitools/info

Didier

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

OmegaT: how to edit html tag variables in a xml (typo3 localisation manager xml)

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search