How to insert glossary hits from the glossary window into the translation
Thread poster: coldspring81
Jan 3, 2018

This is probably a very basic function, and from the brief video tutorial on the website it's Ctrl-Space to pop up the auto-completer. This doesn't work for me because this shortcut calls out the IME on my system. So I changed it to Ctrl-G but still nothing happens when I press the shortcut. Can someone please help? Thanks.

adrwshn

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:58
English to French
+ ...
Use automatic popup Jan 3, 2018

coldspring81 wrote:
This is probably a very basic function, and from the brief video tutorial on the website it's Ctrl-Space to pop up the auto-completer. This doesn't work for me because this shortcut calls out the IME on my system.

Instead of using Ctrl+Space, you can have the popup to open automatically. Options > Preferences > Auto-Completion > Show relevant suggestions automatically.

So I changed it to Ctrl-G but still nothing happens when I press the shortcut.

Did you follow the instructions here?
https://sourceforge.net/p/omegat/feature-requests/1311/

Didier

adrwshn
adrwshn
China
A workaround Jan 3, 2022

After hours of trial and error, I'm posting a workaround to help others
1. I don't think the "insert glossary hits shortcut", i.e. Ctrl + Space can be customized with the settings applied by other shortcuts.
2. IME, especially Microsoft Pinyin, has a gross bug of grabbing the shortcut without (fixed in 20H?)
All you can do is to grab back the Ctrl + Space shortcut by using Autohotkey.

^Space::ControlSend, , ^{Space},A

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to insert glossary hits from the glossary window into the translation

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »