Source segments imported from TXML-file are displayed in target language
Thread poster: Axel Kirch

Axel Kirch
Local time: 23:50
Chinese to German
+ ...
Feb 1

Hi, I installed OmegaT 3.6.0 via homebrew on macOS 10.13.3 and tried importing a TXML-file containing a partially completed translation which was exported from Wordfast Anywhere. All the source segments whose target segment isn't empty are displayed in the target language while those segments that haven't been translated yet are displayed in the source language. I opened the TXML-file in a viewer and all the source segments are there. What might I be doing wrong?

 

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:50
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Use the Okapi plugin Feb 1

Axel Kirch wrote:
Hi, I installed OmegaT 3.6.0 via homebrew on macOS 10.13.3 and tried importing a TXML-file containing a partially completed translation which was exported from Wordfast Anywhere. All the source segments whose target segment isn't empty are displayed in the target language while those segments that haven't been translated yet are displayed in the source language. I opened the TXML-file in a viewer and all the source segments are there. What might I be doing wrong?


The native OmegaT TXML filter only works for untranslated files where source=target.

To translate partially translated TXML files in OmegaT, install the Okapi Filters Plugin for OmegaT:
https://okapiframework.org/wiki/index.php?title=Okapi_Filters_Plugin_for_OmegaT

Didier


 

Axel Kirch
Local time: 23:50
Chinese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Okapi plugin produces error message Feb 2

Hello and thank you. I forgot to mention that I tried that as well and kept getting this error message:
xJaEMT8JDsB2bn9
Unable to read project file! java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.ibm.icu.util.ULocale.toLanguageTag()Ljava/lang/String;


[Edited at 2018-02-02 16:19 GMT]


 

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:50
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Use OmegaT 4 Feb 4

Axel Kirch wrote:

Hello and thank you. I forgot to mention that I tried that as well and kept getting this error message:
xJaEMT8JDsB2bn9
Unable to read project file! java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.ibm.icu.util.ULocale.toLanguageTag()Ljava/lang/String;


[Edited at 2018-02-02 16:19 GMT]

It's a compatibility issue.
You can either use an older version of the Okapi plugin or, more simply, use OmegaT 4.

Didier


 


There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »


Source segments imported from TXML-file are displayed in target language

Advanced search






Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search