Thread poster: Руслан И.

Руслан И.
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:53
New user
Turkish to Russian
+ ...
Dec 6

I have a linux server, I want to upload my TMs to server so that I can query translation strings from omegaT. Is there such webbased software where I can store my TMs and query them. Is there an instruction to do this? Maybe there is another way to manage large TMs?

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:53
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
You can use team projects Dec 6

Руслан И. wrote:
I have a linux server, I want to upload my TMs to server so that I can query translation strings from omegaT. Is there such webbased software where I can store my TMs and query them. Is there an instruction to do this? Maybe there is another way to manage large TMs?

Team projects work differently (they replicate the TMs locally using version control software, such as Subversion or Git), but they provide more or less the same thing.

See for instance:
https://www.proz.com/forum/omegat_support/240607-introduction_to_the_team_project_feature_in_omegat.html

Didier

Руслан И.
Russian Federation
New user
Turkish to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My main goal is different Dec 6

My main goal is to upload my TMs to some web platform, so that they are stored in database. This, in my opinion, will speed up large TM lookup.

Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:53
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
A database cannot be faster than memory Dec 7

Руслан И. wrote:
My main goal is to upload my TMs to some web platform, so that they are stored in database. This, in my opinion, will speed up large TM lookup.

Of course, not having to load the TM in memory is initially faster but, for the lookup itself, a database lookup cannot be faster than searching in memory.

Didier

Руслан И.
Russian Federation
New user
Turkish to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TM size is a much bigger than RAM size Dec 7

Didier Briel wrote:
a database lookup cannot be faster than searching in memory.

Yes, I agree, but total size of my TMs is much bigger than avaliable memory size on my PC.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Tm server to use with omegat

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search