(coś jak arbitraż): prośba do askera o wyjaśnienie wpisu do glosariusza
Thread poster: PAS

PAS  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:41
English to Polish
+ ...
Jul 4, 2006

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1437396

Przyznaję, że nie odpowiedziałem bezpośrednio na pytanie, ale wpis jest cokolwiek niejasny.

Paweł

Direct link Reply with quote

Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
Explanation - I hope Jul 5, 2006

sitko o większych oczkach

English translation: a wide-meshed sieve (tu: coarsely minced (Br.) / ground (Am.) meat)

It's my answer and glossary entry.

Well, I would say that 'sitko o większych oczkach' is a wide-meshed sieve. But, if anyone reads the whole question/context/answer thing, they'll see that there, in that context, the language that best fits the context, rather than simply the source phrase, is 'coarsely minced/ground pork'. So I also gave that for the definition, emphasised that it applied in that context and gave both the Am. and Br. versions.

Possibly the question should have been different. Had it been 'wieprzowe mielone przez sitko o większych oczkach' then the answer would have been 'coarsely minced/ground pork' and the sieve wouldn't have come into it!

Hope that answers your question. If you, or the moderators, have any suggestions as to how I can further clarify the definition, please let me know.

All the best!
Caryl

Magdalena Psiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
My fault I guess! Jul 5, 2006

I guess the source phrase in question should have been a bit longer to be completely clear. however, Caryl's explanations 'coarsely minced/ground pork' fits the context better.

To avoid misunderstanding I suggest the glossary entry should be changed the way Caryl proposed: 'wieprzowe mielone przez sitko o większych oczkach' to: "coarsely minced/ground pork' .

Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Polish to English
+ ...
OK! Jul 6, 2006

It's done!

PAS  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks... Jul 7, 2006

Excuse me for replying late, but thanks for the clarification. It's only that two definitions seem to have been squeezed into one and that muddled the entry.

Paweł Skaliński

[Edited at 2006-07-07 10:15]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Monika Jakacka Márquez[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

(coś jak arbitraż): prośba do askera o wyjaśnienie wpisu do glosariusza

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search