Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]
Poll: What is your favorite way of keeping fit?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Franco Rigoni
Franco Rigoni  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Lucky you Aug 28, 2008

Venkatesh Sundaram wrote:

When we moved to our apartment about five years ago - one of the considerations was that the complex in which it is located had a fitness centre and a swimming pool (also tennis and basketball courts !)

Lucky you: under my flat there are a bakery, a café, a deli shop and a pizza shop. I shall move to the cloth shopping area!

Alison Woods
Alison Woods

Local time: 13:22
Spanish to English
Classes at the gym Aug 28, 2008

I like to take different classes at the gym. I feel like it's a great way to stay in shape and meet new people.

Erzsébet Czopyk
Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 19:22
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
comparative post Aug 28, 2008

kero wrote:

Oh my God, when I read this poll I felt kind of guilty: I don't do any sports as when I started working (in 2004) I was quite slim (65 Kg x 1.81). After 4 years I have gained lots of weight and I'm now 75Kgx1.81. The fact is that I have very little time for myself as I'm too busy working. I tried to run, but it bores me and after 20 minutes I feel completely breathless, tired and i feel like starving. Is there anything more social to do? The ideal thing would be something that I could do in a random moment of the day (according to my workload) and that is not terribly boring.

I now live in the Italian Alps, but I hate open air life: it's too cold out there and snow is wet and freezing. Not sure swimming is the right sport for me as I'm not that willing to show my jelly belly (it's not huge, but I'm not skinny or toned).

[Modificato alle 2008-08-27 18:57]

[Modificato alle 2008-08-28 07:00]

Oh my God, these are exactly my minds, the difference is just:
I started in 1992-93 with 2 times activity a week, still as a student (156 cm/48 kg);
I qiut smoking in 1993 and started running each day after birth of my last child when I was 156/57 and lost in 8 month absolutely everything I gained before and in time of pregnancy;
Divorced in 2003 and begun smoking again (= lack of motivation plus who-cares-symptomes)
established the translation office in 2005 and begun work as a night owl;
Finally, I am currently approx. 67 kg, so, I think I became not just old but fat;
Plus I falled down from the ladder and now able just for walk. Everybody around say swimming is the right sport for me but I'm not that willing to show my jelly belly and... I love water in the bath ONLY.

I am not motivated at all getting slimmer and I simply do not care. And the worst: under my house is a tobacco shop ;-((((

Last but not least, I do not live in Alps, but I would enjoy it.

Any ideas welcome.

Cheers, Liza

[Módosítva: 2008-08-28 23:53]

Erzsébet Czopyk
Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
ideas Aug 28, 2008

I mean ideas not moving to the Alps but get a motivation

[Módosítva: 2008-08-28 23:57]

Stéphanie Soudais
Stéphanie Soudais  Identity Verified
France
English to French
running Sep 1, 2008

I run 50-60 minutes 4-5 times a week, along the river...

Stéphanie

Rebecca Garber
Rebecca Garber  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:22
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
dog walking and martial? arts Sep 1, 2008

I walk the family dog 2-3km on work days, and I usually take either the bokken or the quarterstaff with me.
I do stage combat 2-3 times a week. It's like the fighting in movies, so there is a huge martial arts component (mostly swords, specifically rapiers, but I think walking my dog with a steel sword would alarm the joggers), but my specialty weapon is quarterstaff. It's great fun, and since we don't hit each other, I plan on doing this for the next 10 years at least.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What is your favorite way of keeping fit?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »