Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Poll: How many visitors does your ProZ.com profile get every month?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Nov 5, 2008

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How many visitors does your ProZ.com profile get every month?".

This poll was originally submitted by Bea Geenen

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see
... See more
This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How many visitors does your ProZ.com profile get every month?".

This poll was originally submitted by Bea Geenen

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629
Collapse

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:10
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Differences Nov 5, 2008

According to Proz's, more than 300. According to my own counter, around 100. Can anyone explain the difference? TIA.

Bea Geenen
Bea Geenen  Identity Verified
Member (2008)
Chinese to Dutch
+ ...
Your own counter? Nov 5, 2008

I did not even realize there was a personal counter :*) I will definitely check it out.

I suggested the poll because I find that, the more active I am on proz.com, the more visitors I seem to get. Do you, fellow members, have the same experience?

Obviously, the reason for being on proz.com is, amongst others, to attract as many potential customers as possible. The visitors' count should be a good indication of whether your profile is interesting enough to them or not.
... See more
I did not even realize there was a personal counter :*) I will definitely check it out.

I suggested the poll because I find that, the more active I am on proz.com, the more visitors I seem to get. Do you, fellow members, have the same experience?

Obviously, the reason for being on proz.com is, amongst others, to attract as many potential customers as possible. The visitors' count should be a good indication of whether your profile is interesting enough to them or not. Or am I seeing this wrong?
Collapse

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:10
French to English
+ ...
Don't know about 'every month' Nov 5, 2008

Is there a way to find out this information (visitors every month)? I can see the counter for the last 30 days (under the 'Visitors' tab), which says 167, but I don't know about previous months as I don't usually monitor the Visitors tab.

Bea Geenen
Bea Geenen  Identity Verified
Member (2008)
Chinese to Dutch
+ ...
indeed "last 30 days", not every month Nov 5, 2008

Indeed, I should have said "last 30 days". Although it would be great if there could be a way to track/register it per month. Hopefully someone at the proz.com is reading in on this.

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:10
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Personal counter Nov 5, 2008

Bea Geenen wrote:

Yes, there is...if you wish. Proz sets a default counter per user, but I put another counter. Proz counter detects more hits thatn my counter.

Yes, I see the same relationship between Proz activity and visits.

Obviously, the reason for being on proz.com is, amongst others, to attract as many potential customers as possible. The visitors' count should be a good indication of whether your profile is interesting enough to them or not. Or am I seeing this wrong?

True, since I participate in Proz I receive more job offers.

Best regards, Bea.

Rebecca Garber
Rebecca Garber  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:10
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
checked the wrong box... Nov 5, 2008

I checked the number of times my CV had been read: I didn't know about the visitors tab. Now I do, and it was gratifyingly higher than I expected.
Since I hadn't seen it before, I will be interested in tracking it more closely to see if there is a relationship between kudoz and quickpoll activity and the number of visits.

Glad you brought this up....
See more
I checked the number of times my CV had been read: I didn't know about the visitors tab. Now I do, and it was gratifyingly higher than I expected.
Since I hadn't seen it before, I will be interested in tracking it more closely to see if there is a relationship between kudoz and quickpoll activity and the number of visits.

Glad you brought this up.
Collapse

Rebecca Hendry
Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:10
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Visits from bots Nov 5, 2008

My Proz counter says that my profile has received 1988 visits in the last month, from a total of 487 visitors.

I have no idea if that is a typical month or not, it seems like quite a lot, but a lot of those are probably bots or web crawlers.

I do notice that a lot of visitors come to my page via Kudoz or through the forums, so I think that being more active on the site results in more hits. I also get loads of visitors who have googled "Rebecca in Spanish" - I think I
... See more
My Proz counter says that my profile has received 1988 visits in the last month, from a total of 487 visitors.

I have no idea if that is a typical month or not, it seems like quite a lot, but a lot of those are probably bots or web crawlers.

I do notice that a lot of visitors come to my page via Kudoz or through the forums, so I think that being more active on the site results in more hits. I also get loads of visitors who have googled "Rebecca in Spanish" - I think I should put a note on my profile to tell them it's Rebeca!
Collapse

Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
785 visits - 372 visitors Nov 5, 2008

Proz com says that there were 785 visits from 372 visitors.

I think this feature should be provided as a tool in the site.
There is feature in KudoZ which shows leaders, the same application can be used here too.
Also everyone can see the current visitors but there is no record that shows past visitor traffics monthly (or yearly)

Just an idea, and I think it would be useful for developing our profiles.

Jocelyne S
Jocelyne S  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:10
French to English
+ ...
Proz activity = more visits Nov 5, 2008

It seems sensible that the more active you are on Proz, the more visits your profile receives, although I don't know how realistically this in turn can be interpreted as generating more direct business.

When I see someone new posting in the forums or answering my Kudoz questions, I generally go and have a peek at their profile. I tend to do so also if I'm impressed or intrigued by a comment made.

I've rarely gone looking for people through the directories, but I certain
... See more
It seems sensible that the more active you are on Proz, the more visits your profile receives, although I don't know how realistically this in turn can be interpreted as generating more direct business.

When I see someone new posting in the forums or answering my Kudoz questions, I generally go and have a peek at their profile. I tend to do so also if I'm impressed or intrigued by a comment made.

I've rarely gone looking for people through the directories, but I certainly have been impressed by a few colleagues after looking up their profiles following a forum post or Kudoz help.

Best,
Jocelyne
Collapse

Stéphanie Soudais
Stéphanie Soudais  Identity Verified
France
English to French
712 visits - 361 visitors Nov 5, 2008

For a long time, it was around 200 visitors. It then surged above 300/month a while ago, probably because I have been participating much more in the forums.

Stéphanie

David Brown
David Brown  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
Profile visitors Nov 5, 2008

[quote]ProZ.com Staff wrote:

"How many visitors does your ProZ.com profile get every month?

Of course this function is only for paying proz members as opposed to users.
When I was a paying member I found that almost 100% of the visits were in response to Kudoz activity. Which is good as it means that askers (or agree-ers) are checking the credentials of the answerer.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
No idea Nov 5, 2008

Bea Geenen wrote:

Obviously, the reason for being on proz.com is, amongst others, to attract as many potential customers as possible.

Not in my case. I became a member so that I could ask more kudoz queries than the non-member limit and get the occasional discount on software etc., nothing to do with attracting more clients. In fact, in the past year I have only had work from 1 new client through proz ...
Nor did I have any idea that there was a "visit counter", I must have a look for it sometime...

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Member (2003)
English to Romanian
+ ...
543 visitors Nov 5, 2008

I can't see the number of visits, just the number of visitors or can I? Anyway, I don't think the number of visits is relevant. I have more than 100 from a single visitor so I suspect it is Google indexing my pages.

I doubt that my site activity is boosting the visits because almost all my visitors are not logged in.

[Edited at 2008-11-05 20:47]

Tatiana Lammers
Tatiana Lammers  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
It's different each month Nov 5, 2008

But definetely, the more active you are here helping others (KudoZ, forums, poll discussions) the more visits your profile page gets.

[Edited at 2008-11-05 21:03]

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How many visitors does your ProZ.com profile get every month?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »