https://www.proz.com/forum/poll_discussion/121832-poll%3A_workwise_what_day_of_the_week_would_you_wipe_off_the_calendar.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Poll: Workwise, what day of the week would you wipe off the calendar?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Nov 28, 2008

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Workwise, what day of the week would you wipe off the calendar?".

This poll was originally submitted by Sheilann

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see:
... See more
This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Workwise, what day of the week would you wipe off the calendar?".

This poll was originally submitted by Sheilann

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629
Collapse

Simon Cole
Simon Cole  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:25
Member (2008)
French to English
Friday Nov 28, 2008

Because that's when everybody wants it before the end of the week - as if they're going to do anything with it before Moday morning !! Ha Ha

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:25
Spanish to English
+ ...
Er... can I add? Nov 28, 2008

I always end up rather short

Peter Shortall
Peter Shortall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Romanian to English
+ ...
None Nov 28, 2008

I need all the days I can get - in fact I'd be in favour of adding one or two, preferably at the weekend...

[Edited at 2008-11-28 14:59 GMT]

Luana B. S. MandarĂ 
Luana B. S. MandarĂ   Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
Sunday Nov 28, 2008

because I'm tired of working over the weekend

Istiani Prajoko
Istiani Prajoko  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 13:25
Member (2008)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
None Nov 28, 2008

Every day is working day. On week ends I concentrate myself to do translation job.

Martha Schwan
Martha Schwan  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:25
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Hey Nov 28, 2008

Well, If I'm caught up with work, there is no weekend off!! I have to finish my work at least one day before the deadline.

Oleg Osipov
Oleg Osipov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:25
English to Russian
+ ...
D... Nov 28, 2008

Dates are more important to me.

MJ Barber
MJ Barber  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Friday Nov 28, 2008

What Simon said - why are they always in such a rush to have stuff on Friday, when you know they aren't even going to look at it until Monday.

As it is, Friday is practically my day off.

Enrico Coppola
Enrico Coppola
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
ALL OF THEM Nov 28, 2008

as title says... all of them =D

Joice Costa
Joice Costa
Brazil
English to Portuguese
other Nov 28, 2008

I think I mess up my week days too much and too often to be able to offer an appropriate answer here. For instance, I will have a Sunday next Wednesday. I am looking forward

R. Alex Jenkins
R. Alex Jenkins  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2006)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Sunday Nov 28, 2008

I often end up working on Sundays and am pretty used to it by now, so is my family, but if I could have one guaranteed day off per week, it would be Sunday.

It's a nice day to relax and drink a few beers and enjoy life with the family, as it goes

[Edited at 2008-11-28 23:31 GMT]

PatPat
PatPat
English to Portuguese
+ ...
A choice of Sundays Nov 29, 2008

Joice Costa wrote:

I think I mess up my week days too much and too often to be able to offer an appropriate answer here. For instance, I will have a Sunday next Wednesday. I am looking forward

Well worded. I'm going to start penciling in a few Sundays here and there myself. Thank you Joice!

Marlene Blanshay
Marlene Blanshay  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:25
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
every day is a work day! Nov 29, 2008

but I find that fridays tend to be the quietest. If I don't get anything on friday, I usually don't have anything new for the weekend.

Of course, you can't really eliminate ANY day. I had kind of planned to take this weekend off. Saturday is my birthday, plus I have a cousin in from out of town, and her baby shower is also on saturday! but i ended up getting an editing job due for sunday....so birthday or no birthday, I'll be working saturday night!

I don't MIND worki
... See more
but I find that fridays tend to be the quietest. If I don't get anything on friday, I usually don't have anything new for the weekend.

Of course, you can't really eliminate ANY day. I had kind of planned to take this weekend off. Saturday is my birthday, plus I have a cousin in from out of town, and her baby shower is also on saturday! but i ended up getting an editing job due for sunday....so birthday or no birthday, I'll be working saturday night!

I don't MIND working weekends. However, I'd like to have one weekday totally free....it's easier to get things done and shops are open later!!!
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other Nov 29, 2008

I don't really understand the need for "OFF" time.
I love my job and get bored quickly with most non-working activities. I also organize my days so that I can do most things I like (walk the dogs, cooking, garden, housework, bit of TV) on most days.
On Sundays I run a pub quiz with a friend, which I get paid for in money and free beer, so even that could be seen as working ...

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Workwise, what day of the week would you wipe off the calendar?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »