Poll: What is the highest per-word rate you have been paid by a client originally met through ProZ.com?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
Local time: 19:31
SITE STAFF
Dec 7, 2009

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "What is the highest per-word rate you have been paid by a client originally met through ProZ.com?".

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629

Direct link Reply with quote

Maria Drangel  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 04:31
Member (2007)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Other - I guess Dec 7, 2009

As I have a minimum fee and sometimes have gotten small projects it could be correct to answer more than >0.16 €, but it feels wrong as I would otherwise say 0.12-0.16 €/source word.

It will be very interesting to see what you - my collegues - will reply to this one!

Gianluca Marras  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
>0.16 Dec 7, 2009

I met the client through Proz and for some jobs, deadline ASAP, I got more than that.
normal rate was lower anyway.

Penelope Ausejo  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
0.20 €/word Dec 7, 2009

0.20 €/word for a 6 month project translating about 300 words per day (very easy-general text) with a 24 hour deadline... not bad

Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:31
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Same with Maria Dec 8, 2009

Maria Drangel wrote:

As I have a minimum fee and sometimes have gotten small projects it could be correct to answer more than >0.16 €, but it feels wrong as I would otherwise say 0.12-0.16 €/source word.

It will be very interesting to see what you - my collegues - will reply to this one!

I also have a minimum fee, and it would be technically correct to say that my answer is more than 0.16 Euros, and since the poll didn't mention anything about minimum fees, I voted for >0.16.

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:31
English to Dutch
+ ...
Price brackets not very clever Dec 8, 2009

0.08-0.12 and then 0.12-0.16 €. So if it's 0.12 € what bracket am I in? That was a bit daft. Otherwise a good poll. Thanks!

Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
lower side Dec 11, 2009

0.08, from Latvian to Hungarian, for my greatest sorrow
But I met a great translator colleagues here, therefore I am not so-o-o-o sad.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What is the highest per-word rate you have been paid by a client originally met through ProZ.com?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search