Poll: What is the highest per-word rate you have been paid by a client originally met through ProZ.com?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff

ProZ.com Staff
Local time: 21:53
SITE STAFF
Dec 7, 2009

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "What is the highest per-word rate you have been paid by a client originally met through ProZ.com?".

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629

Maria Drangel  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 06:53
Member (2007)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Other - I guess Dec 7, 2009

As I have a minimum fee and sometimes have gotten small projects it could be correct to answer more than >0.16 €, but it feels wrong as I would otherwise say 0.12-0.16 €/source word.

It will be very interesting to see what you - my collegues - will reply to this one!

Gianluca Marras  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
>0.16 Dec 7, 2009

I met the client through Proz and for some jobs, deadline ASAP, I got more than that.
normal rate was lower anyway.

Penelope Ausejo  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
0.20 €/word Dec 7, 2009

0.20 €/word for a 6 month project translating about 300 words per day (very easy-general text) with a 24 hour deadline... not badicon_smile.gif

Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:53
Same with Maria Dec 8, 2009

Maria Drangel wrote:

As I have a minimum fee and sometimes have gotten small projects it could be correct to answer more than >0.16 €, but it feels wrong as I would otherwise say 0.12-0.16 €/source word.

It will be very interesting to see what you - my collegues - will reply to this one!

I also have a minimum fee, and it would be technically correct to say that my answer is more than 0.16 Euros, and since the poll didn't mention anything about minimum fees, I voted for >0.16.

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:53
English to Dutch
+ ...
Price brackets not very clever Dec 8, 2009

0.08-0.12 and then 0.12-0.16 €. So if it's 0.12 € what bracket am I in? That was a bit daft. Otherwise a good poll. Thanks!

Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
lower side Dec 11, 2009

0.08, from Latvian to Hungarian, for my greatest sorrowicon_frown.gif
But I met a great translator colleagues here, therefore I am not so-o-o-o sad.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What is the highest per-word rate you have been paid by a client originally met through ProZ.com?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search