Poll: How often do you go on holiday for a week and longer?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff

ProZ.com Staff
Local time: 00:16
SITE STAFF
Jan 1, 2010

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How often do you go on holiday for a week and longer?".

This poll was originally submitted by Lenah Susianty

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629

Oleksandr Kupriyanchuk  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 10:16
Russian to English
+ ...
Once or twice, but... Jan 1, 2010

...I always continue to work while on a holiday, both communicating with my co-workers and doing my parts of projects.

Clients see no difference. The only thing that changes is my IP (but not delivery IP).

xxxInterlangue
Angola
Local time: 09:16
English to French
+ ...
As often as time and money permit Jan 1, 2010

2005: 4 times, total of 50 days
2006: 3 times 30 days in total
2007: 4 times, total of 46 days
2008: 4 times, total of 22 days
2009: 4 times, total of 42 days

When I am away, I do things I do not normally do - anything but sit in front of the computer and translate! As I occasionally keep in touch with a few friends/relatives to let them know all is well, I check my mail when Internet is publicly available.

[Modifié le 2010-01-01 10:33 GMT]

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 08:16
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It depends... Jan 1, 2010

For family reasons, I have been travelling a lot for the last few years between Belgium and Portugal, but like Alexander, my clients see no difference and I keep on working... Happy New Year for you all!

Teresa

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Depends Jan 1, 2010

I usually go back to the UK at Xmas to see the family and can usually manage a week or two, or several, throughout the year. This year, however, things have been slow and I changed house in June so didn't really have much chance, or need, to get away.
Like some other colleagues, I prefer to keep working while on holiday if internet access is available, but at a more relaxed pace than normal.

PS> A Happy and Prosperous New Year to everybody on proz!

xxxmediamatrix
Local time: 04:16
Spanish to English
+ ...
Never Jan 1, 2010

Actually, that's not quite true: I do very vaguely remember going on a proper holiday, just once, for 10 days - I guess it was in 1979.
MediaMatrix

Gianluca Marras  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
3, but Jan 2, 2010

but two of them I got my computer with me and I work....

Penelope Ausejo  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Twice with no computer Jan 3, 2010

Twices a year without computer.

One week vacation in winter with my husband and friends. And 9 days for San Fermin "the running of the bulls"icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How often do you go on holiday for a week and longer?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search