Poll: When do you receive the majority of job offers?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Aug 1, 2010

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "When do you receive the majority of job offers?".

This poll was originally submitted by Ahmet Salman. View the poll results »

Mami Yamaguchi
Mami Yamaguchi  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 03:07
Member (2008)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Between Tuesday and Thursday in my personal experience Aug 1, 2010

I usually receive job offers from my clients between Tuesday and Thursday. Most business activities worldwide start on Monday, So presumably they create most jobs during the period.

Marlene Blanshay
Marlene Blanshay  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:07
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
I said tuesday Aug 1, 2010

but it's usually tuesday wednesday or thursday. I don't usually get anything on friday and mondays tend to be quiet....so the bulk is midweek.

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:07
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Mondays Aug 1, 2010

Being located at the Pacific Coast any customer in any time zone ahead of us, be it US or Europe, already had plenty of time and plenty of coffee to think up plenty of things by the time I get up.

The first half of any Monday is used for email correspondence and negotiating.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:07
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Like Marlene Aug 1, 2010

Mondays and Fridays tend to be quite calm, the bulk of the work comes between Tuesday and Thursday.

R. Alex Jenkins
R. Alex Jenkins  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 15:07
Member (2006)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
End of the week Aug 1, 2010

Over the last five years I have consistently received more offers on Thursday or Friday than during the earlier part of the week.

The process of checking my emails at 8 a.m. on Monday morning is a whimsical attempt to follow professional working practices, but I never find it quite that simple.

Sara Senft
Sara Senft  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:07
Spanish to English
+ ...
Tues/Weds/Thurs Aug 2, 2010

My clients mainly send me assignment offers on those days and they typically are my heaviest work days. Monday and Friday tend to be lighter, even during my heavier seasons.

Tomorrow (Monday for me), however, I have two interpreting assignments nearly back-to-back.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: When do you receive the majority of job offers?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »