Poll: Did your income from your second year of full-time freelancing increase over your first year?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Sep 10, 2010

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Did your income from your second year of full-time freelancing increase over your first year?".

This poll was originally submitted by Oliver Lawrence. View the poll results »

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:50
German to English
+ ...
Yes Sep 10, 2010

I know it did, but can't remember by how much. So I picked the 'can't remember' option!

Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:50
Member (2006)
German to English
yes Sep 10, 2010

i can´t remeber exactly either, but it was by quite a lot

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:50
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I suppose so Sep 10, 2010

But I can't remember that far back (some 30 years ago)...

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:50
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
What I do remember... Sep 11, 2010

While I can't remember whether the second year was an improvement, I do remember that what emboldened me to take early retirement was a fat contract that took up most of my time during the first year and second years (picking up other clients along the way). I billed for progress payments and delivered the final chunk exactly 23 months later - on my way to the airport to move to California!

The real test came in the third year, and I remember that by that time I had garnered a nice
... See more
While I can't remember whether the second year was an improvement, I do remember that what emboldened me to take early retirement was a fat contract that took up most of my time during the first year and second years (picking up other clients along the way). I billed for progress payments and delivered the final chunk exactly 23 months later - on my way to the airport to move to California!

The real test came in the third year, and I remember that by that time I had garnered a nice lineup of clients. I was very blessed!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Did your income from your second year of full-time freelancing increase over your first year?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »