Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >
Poll: Do you have a blog?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Feb 10, 2011

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Do you have a blog?".

This poll was originally submitted by Fabio Said. View the poll results »

Interlangue (X)
Interlangue (X)
Angola
Local time: 03:35
English to French
+ ...
Other Feb 10, 2011

"No", not that I would like one, not that they are a waste of time, just plain "no", no further comment.

Adnan Özdemir
Adnan Özdemir  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 04:35
Member (2007)
German to Turkish
+ ...
Yes I have 1 :) tambien. Feb 10, 2011

Yes, I have. Proz.com (Turkish ''Prozköy'') Turkish forum is my blog. Thank you very much Proz.com (''Prozköy''). I love you very very much

Saludos desde Anatolia
Anadolu'dan selamlar

[Edited at 2011-02-10 08:35 GMT]

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:35
German to English
+ ...
Indeed Feb 10, 2011

Interlangue wrote:

"No", not that I would like one, not that they are a waste of time, just plain "no", no further comment.

I was just popping in to say the same thing!

Miroslav Jeftic
Miroslav Jeftic  Identity Verified
Member (2009)
English to Serbian
+ ...
No Feb 10, 2011

I don't have, but I do enjoy reading some, mostly about sports though, not translation.

Neil Cross
Neil Cross
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:35
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Agree Feb 10, 2011

Interlangue wrote:

Exactly. Why do the answers to these polls so often contain implicit value judgements? I'm neither pro nor anti-blog. Just ain't got one

Katharine Prucha
Katharine Prucha  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
My thoughts exactly! Feb 10, 2011

Neil Cross wrote:

Interlangue wrote:

Exactly. Why do the answers to these polls so often contain implicit value judgements? I'm neither pro nor anti-blog. Just ain't got one

Sophie Dzhygir
Sophie Dzhygir  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Other Feb 10, 2011

No, but with another comment!
I like some and I find some are a waste of time, it depends on whether the author has someting interesting to tell or not. So as long as I don't have someting interesting to tell, I see no point in starting on just to follow the trend.

John Cutler
John Cutler  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other Feb 10, 2011

No, but I've considered it.

What keeps me from pursuing the idea is that I spend enough hours in front of the screen working. The last thing I want to do is spend my free time in front of my computer.

That being said, I have flirted with the idea of writing a blog on the subject of balcony/terrace gardening. It's one of my main hobbies and I know lots of other city dwellers who share it. I could spend hours writing about the tomatoes and cucumbers I grew last year and t
... See more
No, but I've considered it.

What keeps me from pursuing the idea is that I spend enough hours in front of the screen working. The last thing I want to do is spend my free time in front of my computer.

That being said, I have flirted with the idea of writing a blog on the subject of balcony/terrace gardening. It's one of my main hobbies and I know lots of other city dwellers who share it. I could spend hours writing about the tomatoes and cucumbers I grew last year and the ones I'm already day dreaming about for this coming spring and summer. Then, of course, there are the shubunkin goldfish I keep and the solar powered fountain I'll be setting up when the weather's warmer, as well as the onions and lettuce I'm going to plant this weekend... I have to stop or this could turn into my very first blog post!
Collapse

Theo Bernards (X)
Theo Bernards (X)  Identity Verified
France
English to Dutch
+ ...
Other, too Feb 10, 2011

I don't have a blog because I am not one for such a constructive approach of sharing my views. I post quite a lot of comments on Proz and other sites, and I occasionally write an article, which is then also published on a translators platform (not Proz).

I read quite a few blogs occasionally and some are very interesting. But please spare us from the people who think their cat is so interesting that it warrants a blog. Get a picture book, or start a diary, please, not a blog... See more
I don't have a blog because I am not one for such a constructive approach of sharing my views. I post quite a lot of comments on Proz and other sites, and I occasionally write an article, which is then also published on a translators platform (not Proz).

I read quite a few blogs occasionally and some are very interesting. But please spare us from the people who think their cat is so interesting that it warrants a blog. Get a picture book, or start a diary, please, not a blog.
Collapse

Mami Yamaguchi
Mami Yamaguchi  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 10:35
Member (2008)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Someday Feb 10, 2011

I love eating too much and am vaguely familiar with many recipes for lighter fare. So I hope to start weblog wirh my friends someday.

[Edited at 2011-02-10 08:59 GMT]

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
What Feb 10, 2011

for? Other than that, with "Interlangue"

Noni Gilbert Riley
Noni Gilbert Riley
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Do you have the time? Feb 10, 2011

If I had, don't know if I would have one or not. Don't know either whether I am pro or anti blog. I read one or two on a regular basis because they keep me informed of the proceedings of a couple of organisations I belong to, and the information is relevant professionally.

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:35
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
This forum takes the place of a blog Feb 10, 2011

Don't we essentially use this space to sound off? It seems to serve the purpose, as much as any of us would have time for.

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you have a blog?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »