Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Poll: Are you currently fully-booked?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Mar 11, 2011

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Are you currently fully-booked?".

This poll was originally submitted by Christine Schmit. View the poll results »

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:01
German to English
+ ...
Define 'fully-booked' Mar 11, 2011

I'm fully-booked for the next couple of days and mostly-booked for the week after. I voted yes but could equally have voted no because I'm not fully-booked for a month.

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:01
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
No - by choice Mar 11, 2011

I took a break. I've been turning down jobs because I got really burned out.

Ashutosh Mitra
Ashutosh Mitra  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 19:31
Member (2011)
English to Hindi
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Its time to have a break..........for refilling.... Mar 11, 2011

This is a beak time by choice.... to rejuvenate...

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:01
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Yes Mar 11, 2011

This week I am fully booked, even to the point of having to decline a job with a deadline overlapping that of my current project.

As of next week, a "down-time" is planned for a couple of days to "recuperate".

Adnan Özdemir
Adnan Özdemir  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 17:01
Member (2007)
German to Turkish
+ ...
Yes, but... Mar 11, 2011

I am currently fully-booked. But only for 1 week. Maybe 1 week later i will be none-booked

Who knows? Our profession is the most turbulent job in our planet i think.

This is good so. My translation life is such a novel, I dont know what tomorrow (morning) happens. This is nice tambien (IMO).

Anadolu'dan selamlar
Saludos desde Anatolia

[Edited at 2011-03-11 09:27
... See more
I am currently fully-booked. But only for 1 week. Maybe 1 week later i will be none-booked

Who knows? Our profession is the most turbulent job in our planet i think.

This is good so. My translation life is such a novel, I dont know what tomorrow (morning) happens. This is nice tambien (IMO).

Anadolu'dan selamlar
Saludos desde Anatolia

[Edited at 2011-03-11 09:27 GMT]
Collapse

Gianluca Marras
Gianluca Marras  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
other Mar 11, 2011

busy

Interlangue (X)
Interlangue (X)
Angola
English to French
+ ...
No Mar 11, 2011

I do not consider I am fully booked when I have work only for a few days and do not have to turn down anything.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other Mar 11, 2011

Me, myself, I, yes.
However, I have friends/colleagues/collaborators who aren't, and I have been able to pass a certain amount of the excess workflow to them, thus "keeping it in the family".

One friend is currently staying at my place after (what we all hope is) a temporary marital rift, and although he works mainly in another language pair, it is nice to have someone here in person to discuss translation issues with as they crop up. He is also up to his ears in work this w
... See more
Me, myself, I, yes.
However, I have friends/colleagues/collaborators who aren't, and I have been able to pass a certain amount of the excess workflow to them, thus "keeping it in the family".

One friend is currently staying at my place after (what we all hope is) a temporary marital rift, and although he works mainly in another language pair, it is nice to have someone here in person to discuss translation issues with as they crop up. He is also up to his ears in work this week after a longish thin patch where money worries were looming...
Collapse

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
More than... Mar 11, 2011

It is very up and down at the moment.

So I took on a week's work for a long-standing client at the lower end of my rate scale. (Currency exchange rates were far better when I agreed to their rates...)

I had barely put the phone down when TWO jobs came in from new, better-paying clients. It's going to be a busy weekend.

Happy translating and plenty of it!

Lisa McCreadie (X)
Lisa McCreadie (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:01
Spanish to English
+ ...
After three weeks of non-stop... Mar 11, 2011

....it's quite nice to have half a day to yourself! When you run out of admin jobs to amuse yourself with though, that familiar angst starts to creep in (I'm always relieved to see I'm not the only one who feels that way when I read these forums ).

Eliana Decarolis (X)
Eliana Decarolis (X)
Switzerland
English to Italian
+ ...
Yes! Mar 11, 2011

I am fully-booked from today up to the end of the next week. Hope to keep some hours for myself!

SJC Paris
SJC Paris
French to English
+ ...
I wouldn't say that Mar 11, 2011

However turning jobs down just on the basis that the offers are unreasonable!

Jana Novomeska
Jana Novomeska  Identity Verified
Malta
English to Slovak
+ ...
Yes and HOW! Mar 11, 2011

Last month I had a bit of a "dead period" however now I start working at 7am, finishing 23pm.

I hope after this period is over I will get a chance to take it easy for some time, my family really needs it...and me too

Jana Novomeska
Jana Novomeska  Identity Verified
Malta
English to Slovak
+ ...
Yes and HOW! Mar 11, 2011

Last month I had a bit of a "dead period" however now I start working at 7am, finishing 23pm.

I hope after this period is over I will get a chance to take it easy for some time, my family really needs it...and me too

[Edited at 2011-03-11 11:32 GMT]

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Are you currently fully-booked?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »