Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How many translation blogs do you read regularly?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
xxxscriptrans

Local time: 17:55
English to German
+ ...
None May 13, 2011

I don't read translation blogs anymore. I used to read a few in a haphazard way but I'm sick of people bemoaning low rates, sling mud at translators without a degree in translation etc.

I don't see the point, actually. What can you possibly say that hasn't been said already? After about 3 years I also deleted my profiles on Xing and LinkedIn. It was completely pointless to have them, so why bother?

Direct link Reply with quote

Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:55
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
No time May 13, 2011

If I have any free time (after checking out ProZ), I want to take a break from translation.

Taner Göde
Local time: 18:55
English to Turkish
+ ...
The Spartan Way May 13, 2011

I don't read any blogs
I don't use TRADOS either
Just Office 2003 SP3
A good computer
A mug of coffee

Translation is human. Apart from coming very close, a machine shall never be able to replace us.

I have shelves full of dictionaries and reference books, but I don't use them anymore. The entire library has made it through the barriers in my brain, they are safe now, until the very end.

What I do is turn on BBC World news channel on TV, and just listen. That's more than enough. Every word I hear, remember and use is worth cash money.

Translation is, as a matter of fact, an art. It deserves to be respected and to be expensive.

Cynthia Stephens  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:55
Spanish to English
Good to know there are some readers out there! Jun 7, 2011

aceavila - Noni wrote:

These are two blogs which I have found worth the time spent reading them (more than can be said for some others!!) Both Proz.com members, but that is a coincidence - I found the links elsewhere.

Hope you enjoy them, if you have the time.

http://itisenglish.org/ (Language with an IT twist, but I notice it hasn't been updated recently - come on Cynthia!)

Oh. The other blog seems to be off-line, although I'll keep searching... Back to you later I hope.

Cheers

Noni

Really good to know there are some Proz readers out there. Thanks for the link. My blog is having a rest at the moment as I have been too busy this year, but I imagine it will come out of hibernation sometime again.

Cynthia

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How many translation blogs do you read regularly?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search