Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Poll: How many email accounts do you have?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Sep 27, 2011

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How many email accounts do you have?".

This poll was originally submitted by Mariam Osmane. View the poll results »

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:15
German to English
+ ...
Basically, just one Sep 27, 2011

I have one main e-mail account, although I have two addresses that point to it. I also have a GMail account as it seems to be a prerequisite for my Android phone and a YMail account as I needed one to join a YahooGroup of some kind. I don't use them! But I answered 3 anyway.

Nicola Beedle
Nicola Beedle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
4 email accounts but only use 2. Sep 27, 2011

I have one for personal things (keeping in touch with family etc.), one for work, one for Gmail to be able to use my Android phone and one that was set up years ago and now is only used for junk emails.

Veronica Lupascu
Veronica Lupascu  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:15
Dutch to Romanian
+ ...
More than 4 Sep 27, 2011

But I use only 2 of them on a daily basis. I have 2 professional email accounts, with my own domain name. One is general and published on internet, the second one is the one that I use to communicate with clients.

Then I have 2 personal email accounts, one for normal use (friends, family, etc.) and the other one for registering on all kind of sites. In this way I avoid having my inbox full of newsletters, scams, etc.

Then I have 3 email accounts in my outlook from my l
... See more
But I use only 2 of them on a daily basis. I have 2 professional email accounts, with my own domain name. One is general and published on internet, the second one is the one that I use to communicate with clients.

Then I have 2 personal email accounts, one for normal use (friends, family, etc.) and the other one for registering on all kind of sites. In this way I avoid having my inbox full of newsletters, scams, etc.

Then I have 3 email accounts in my outlook from my last employer. They asked to continue having them for a while, because I still help them sometimes on their projects.

And I have 2 other professional email accounts with a different domain name, from a website I am working on right now. I don't use them yet, but I will in the near future.

So... 9 email accounts
Collapse

Cecilia Civetta
Cecilia Civetta  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
I don't even know how many! Sep 27, 2011

I guess about 20

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
3 Sep 27, 2011

One for regular contact with agencies/clients in Gmail, another one for my website with my own domain name and a Hotmail account for contact with friends, family or for website registrations.

@Cecilia

20? How on earth???

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:15
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
One primary account Sep 27, 2011

I used to have several for different purposes, but I find it so much simpler to have the same address for everyone. I have my own domain. I do have a couple of other accounts, but I never use them.

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
It seems that... Sep 27, 2011

... this poll had been posted - and answered - before. Therefore, my answer is the same as...before except for one more email account having been added.

Zubeir Ndarawa
Zubeir Ndarawa  Identity Verified
Tanzania
Local time: 20:15
English to Swahili
+ ...
Let me ask you this, how many CVs do you have? Sep 27, 2011

for business I use Gmail it has many features that I need such as viewing documents/attachments online without downloading them and you can even create a PDF with Gmail,

Umang Dholabhai
Umang Dholabhai  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 22:45
English to Gujarati
+ ...
Three Sep 27, 2011

One primary account; the second one for non business matters and the third one is a back up for all emails I receive in my primary account where they are automatically forwarded.

MJ Barber
MJ Barber  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Two Sep 27, 2011

A hotmail one for junk mails, for when you have to give an email address for signing up for stuff. This one I don't even open and I haven't a clue what's in there.

A gmail one for everything else. Pretty happy with their spam filter.

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Two Sep 27, 2011

A primary one that comes with my cable account - and a web-based one with my domain name as a mere back-up. Because US cable internet providers often filter and block emails with attachments from any freeby accounts such as gmail, yahoo, hotmail and what not due to the abundance of spam that comes from such addresses and to protect their customers.
The web-based one is also used for signing-up with random websites for research purposes.

Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
300 Sep 27, 2011

I use about 300 email addresses which are forwarded to my 4 main email accounts.

Nikita Kobrin

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Nikita! Sep 27, 2011

Nikita Kobrin wrote:

I use about 300 email addresses which are forwarded to my 4 main email accounts.

Nikita Kobrin

How come?

Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
Antispam system Sep 27, 2011

Nicole:

This is my system of combating spam. I don't have time to explain in details but I should say that this is the ONLY really affective antispam measure (and I have tried them all). 7 years ago I received 70-90 spam messages a day. Now I receive practically none of them (maximum 1-2 per day).

Nikita Kobrin

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How many email accounts do you have?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »