Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Have you ever found any (new) clients on Facebook?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff

Gennady Lapardin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:17
Italian to Russian
+ ...
We find each other somehow, then we may meet on FB Nov 7, 2011

That's not a problem. The real problem is that on youtube I never found a client. This is surprising.

[Edited at 2011-11-07 05:54 GMT] If they built in two buttons: 'Wish hear / read it in my language' and 'Agree / Available to translate/transcript into X (your) language', they will be good guys, who will have created automatic and limitless market.

[Edited at 2011-11-07 06:08 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-11-07 06:25 GMT]

French Foodie  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:17
French to English
+ ...
very appropriate if used properly Nov 7, 2011

Ambrose Li wrote:

Mario Chavez wrote:

I agree with Angus here, that Facebook is not an appropriate forum for B2B relationships. I use LinkedIn, and I have found some new clients there. Sometimes, they find you, like a software company that wrote to me to express their interest in my services after they had read my postings in the different discussion groups I belong to.

I also agree with many of my colleagues here: I like to keep my private life separate from my professional life. It's only common sense. I have entertained, however, the thought of creating a FB page for my conference photos, videos, etc., but I don't have the time.

I just want to point out that while Facebook proper is not B2B or B2 anything, Facebook Pages is a very appropriate platform for B2C. So the question itself is not entirely inappropriate; in fact it is quite appropriate.

I agree with Ambrose and Mario. While I don't think it is appropriate to mix your private FB page with business, tons of businesses have FB Pages which are extremely professional, give them exposure and are used to create contacts and keep current customers and clients abreast of news, promotions, etc. I also know of several excellent professional blogs (La Marmite comes to mind) that use FB as a medium. Remember, FB is a tool and, like any tool, it can be dangerous when not used correctly, but extremely effective when used properly.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you ever found any (new) clients on Facebook?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search