Isabelle F. BRUCHER (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 08:48
English to French
+ ...
Indeed ! Mar 18, 2012

Susanna Martoni wrote:

One of the advandages of our job!

Another advantage is being able to get up whenever you like in the morning. I do not like to get up before the sun is up - so that's quite late from November to February in the northern hemisphere! Unless I have an urgent job to finish, of course.

Allison Wright (X)
Allison Wright (X)  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 07:48
Especially in summer Mar 18, 2012

Normally between 16:00 and 18:00 in summer, when the heat makes it impossible to concentrate.
I also nap occasionally in winter if I have been up very late the night before, or have risen incredibly early on the same day and I am not being very effective in front of the computer.
It really is more productive this way!

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:48
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I was feeling the urge... Mar 18, 2012

It's 4:50 in California, and I've been fighting the urge for the last 2 hours, but now seeing that some of my colleagues take naps, I may just take 40 winks before my evening starts.

It's true that cortisol levels are typically lowest between 2 and 4 in the afternoon.

keelin feeney
keelin feeney  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 07:48
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Hardly ever Mar 19, 2012

I tend to be an early to bed, early to rise type so I rarely feel the need to go back to bed. If I got up at 4am to finish a job and was finished by 10am, I might to back to bed for an hour to 2, but I have rarely gone back to bed after lunchtime or in the middle of the day.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you take a nap after lunch?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »