https://www.proz.com/forum/poll_discussion/236149-poll_do_you_use_any_invoicing_tools_software.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Poll: Do you use any invoicing tools/software?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Oct 29, 2012

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Do you use any invoicing tools/software?".

View the poll results »

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:00
German to English
+ ...
Another invoicing tool. Oct 29, 2012

I use QuickBooks for all invoicing, bank reconciliation, VAT records, reports, etc. Works for me!

Stephen Schwanbeck
Stephen Schwanbeck  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:00
French to English
+ ...
Another invoicing tool Oct 29, 2012

I use the standard version of Ciel Auto-Entrepreneur.

Samantha Payn
Samantha Payn  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Russian to English
+ ...
Quickbooks Oct 29, 2012

Like Mary I use Quickbooks. I use it to help manage my workflow, too, by creating an "estimate" for each job as soon as it is confirmed to me. These are not printed or sent to customers, and are dated with the deadline for the job. I just have to look at the estimates window to see a list of all jobs in hand at a given time.
Entering all the details as soon as the job comes in makes invoicing a real breeze .

Francesca Battaglia
Francesca Battaglia
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
I use Proz Oct 29, 2012

I use the Proz.com tool and now my life is so much easier! I can keep track of all the jobs, make instant estimates and save the invoice in drafts until I have delivered the translation. Then I just have to convert the invoice into "open" and I can even send it through proz mail. And when I get paid (hopefully very soon ) I can put all the payment details in the correct section, including type of payment and date it was done, an... See more
I use the Proz.com tool and now my life is so much easier! I can keep track of all the jobs, make instant estimates and save the invoice in drafts until I have delivered the translation. Then I just have to convert the invoice into "open" and I can even send it through proz mail. And when I get paid (hopefully very soon ) I can put all the payment details in the correct section, including type of payment and date it was done, and mark it as paid.
I don't have a hoard of post-its all around the desk anymore and I can remember exactly when an invoice is past due and send a remind message.
A plus that it is also very easy to use so I don't feel like I am the dunce of the group..
Collapse

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Another tool Oct 29, 2012

We've used Sage quite happily since 1995

Anne Bohy
Anne Bohy  Identity Verified
France
English to French
Moved from QuickBooks to TO3000 Oct 29, 2012

... and very satisfied of it!

Suzan Hamer
Suzan Hamer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English
+ ...
I use Proz Oct 29, 2012

also. Like Francesca, I find it easy to use and very useful. I particularly like the reports, which show you your sales by client, invoice aging, the time it took a client to pay, and tax reports.

The one thing I would change though, is in the tax report. Because I have entered BTW (the Dutch VAT) at a certain percent, it shows me a total that is that percentage of ALL my invoiced income, and not just the BTW/VAT actually charged and paid. So not very handy when I must report my qua
... See more
also. Like Francesca, I find it easy to use and very useful. I particularly like the reports, which show you your sales by client, invoice aging, the time it took a client to pay, and tax reports.

The one thing I would change though, is in the tax report. Because I have entered BTW (the Dutch VAT) at a certain percent, it shows me a total that is that percentage of ALL my invoiced income, and not just the BTW/VAT actually charged and paid. So not very handy when I must report my quarterly BTW.

[Edited at 2012-10-29 10:02 GMT]

Edited to add that I am surprised that more people don't use Proz invoicing. At the time I'm posting, only 11% do. It's one advantage of membership.

[Edited at 2012-10-29 10:05 GMT]
Collapse

Ty Kendall
Ty Kendall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Hebrew to English
DIY Oct 29, 2012

I do it myself, it isn't that hard.

No way would I use ProZ's.....Don't want them knowing that much about my finances. Although I appreciate it works for some people, just not me.

Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
This again ... Oct 29, 2012

No, I do my own, but when I have time, and after hearing how happy everyone is with TO3000, I want to check it out as well

Allison Wright (X)
Allison Wright (X)  Identity Verified
Portugal
ProZ works for me just fine Oct 29, 2012

I am a one-person operation, with little need for complication.

Julian Holmes
Julian Holmes  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 11:00
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
DIY Oct 29, 2012

Like Ty, I keep my finances to myself. And, would you believe, I still use -- get ready for this -- FileMaker Pro for the few customers I actually have to generate and send paper invoices to. I bet that was a blast from the past for some of you out there.

Recently, however, more and more of my customers are switching over to automatic generation of POs, invoices and payment notifications which are sent to me online
... See more
Like Ty, I keep my finances to myself. And, would you believe, I still use -- get ready for this -- FileMaker Pro for the few customers I actually have to generate and send paper invoices to. I bet that was a blast from the past for some of you out there.

Recently, however, more and more of my customers are switching over to automatic generation of POs, invoices and payment notifications which are sent to me online. I'm free from the aggravation of generating and submitting my own forms, and all I have to do is to check invoice figures against the issued PO and send in a query, in the rare event that figures are not as they should be. So far, I haven't found any discrepancies at all.

This also saves paper. Can't be a bad thing!
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No Oct 29, 2012

I use my own invoicing system that was created some years ago by a programmer who worked with me.

DianeGM
DianeGM  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:00
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Own system ... for now Oct 29, 2012

I have my own system which I've been running since I started up as a freelancer.
However to be honest, the compostion of my business has changed since then and something else might suit me better now.
I have to consider though that I have many clients who have their own automated systems which generate invoices and I still also have a few clients who insist on signed original mailed paper invoices, so I am not sure what could effectively incorporate all that.
I also don't like
... See more
I have my own system which I've been running since I started up as a freelancer.
However to be honest, the compostion of my business has changed since then and something else might suit me better now.
I have to consider though that I have many clients who have their own automated systems which generate invoices and I still also have a few clients who insist on signed original mailed paper invoices, so I am not sure what could effectively incorporate all that.
I also don't like the idea of having my financial data online - so I wouldn't use any online tool.
I was thinking of trying new (TO 3000? maybe) when I upgrade computers at the end of the year. I'm planning to do my research in 'downtime' over Christmas and decide then.
Collapse

Gennady Lapardin
Gennady Lapardin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 05:00
Italian to Russian
+ ...
My own invoices Oct 29, 2012

I use ProZ.com invoicing only if the name of the customer is not "sensitive".

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you use any invoicing tools/software?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »