Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Has the economic crisis affected your workload?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Dave Bindon
Dave Bindon  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 14:05
Greek to English
In memoriam
More work Aug 9, 2013

I don't have any local (Greek) clients so this country's economic turmoil has not had any direct negative consequences for my business (other than the ever-increasing tax burden).

Work from my overseas clients has increased. Some of that increase can be attributed to simple facts such as increasing my portfolio of clients and getting more referrals. However, I feel that I've also benefited (in terms of more work firom existing clients and more enquiries from new clients) because the
... See more
I don't have any local (Greek) clients so this country's economic turmoil has not had any direct negative consequences for my business (other than the ever-increasing tax burden).

Work from my overseas clients has increased. Some of that increase can be attributed to simple facts such as increasing my portfolio of clients and getting more referrals. However, I feel that I've also benefited (in terms of more work firom existing clients and more enquiries from new clients) because the Greek crisis and the demands of the 'troika' have led to a plethora of new Greek laws (and related cases before the Council of State) which I'm often asked to translate at short notice. The potential privatization of State-owned companies also generates a lot of work for me.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Has the economic crisis affected your workload?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »