Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >
Poll: What is the best time of day for you to work?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
Local time: 22:34
SITE STAFF
Oct 1, 2013

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "What is the best time of day for you to work?".

This poll was originally submitted by Norman Buhagiar. View the poll results »

Direct link Reply with quote

Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:34
Member (2006)
German to English
other Oct 1, 2013

in the morning and the evening during the week and on the weekend, it does not matter because none of my customers disturb me then

Tim Drayton  Identity Verified
Cyprus
Local time: 08:34
Turkish to English
+ ...
Mid-morning Oct 1, 2013

Fully awake, not getting tired yet.

Giovanna Alessandra Meloni  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2012)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
other Oct 1, 2013

It depends, I prefer to work in the morning and late at night, but I have two little chidren and so the best time to work for me is when they are at the kindergarten, so I usually work in the morning and inte early afternoon... or when they sleep.

tilak raj  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 12:04
Member (2012)
English to Panjabi
+ ...
Mid-morning Oct 1, 2013

Mid-morning is the best time to work because it is the time with full freshness. It helps me to concentrate on my work. So I think mid morning is the superb time to work for me.

Carmen Grabs
Germany
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
early morning Oct 1, 2013

If I can't find the right translation for a word, I often leave it until the next morning and voilà!

Charlotte Farrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:34
Member (2013)
German to English
+ ...
Early morning/late at night Oct 1, 2013

I often get up pretty early and work for a few hours, then either nap or have some non work time in the afternoon (but keep checking my emails) then work until midnight or later depending on the work I have on. I'm much more of a night person and find that I do better work then than during the day.

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mid afternoon/evening Oct 1, 2013

I wonder if there is a difference between "best time of day to work" and "the most productive time of day" (http://www.proz.com/polls/3098). Anyway, my answer is the same...

[Edited at 2013-10-01 09:32 GMT]

Julian Holmes  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 15:34
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
Depends a lot... Oct 1, 2013

on you physical condition or biorhythm. If anything, I am more of a night owl since I tend to get more active towards the end of the day since my engine is a slow starter.

And right now, this is rather a difficult question to answer since I've just woken up from a late afternoon nap. (Slept very lightly last night.)

However, if the question were "Which is the best day of the work for you to work?" I would answer "Weekends."

svenfrade  Identity Verified
Germany
French to German
+ ...
Early morning Oct 1, 2013

I love early mornings and I am usually fresh as a daisy (well, after a mug of coffee) so that is my best time to work. Don't really like evenings and late nights are definitely a no-no for me since my brain seems slow down. Texts that seem really tough in the evening turn out to be a piece of cake in the morning.

Cecilia Civetta  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
Early morning/late at night Oct 1, 2013

Charlotte Farrell wrote:

I often get up pretty early and work for a few hours, then either nap or have some non work time in the afternoon (but keep checking my emails) then work until midnight or later depending on the work I have on. I'm much more of a night person and find that I do better work then than during the day.

Same!

Gianluca Marras  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
morning Oct 1, 2013

from 7am to 1 pm I work very efficiently... afternoon, I get tired and kids are around sometimes and their activities (sport, friends) mean more interruptions for me.

Helen Hagon  Identity Verified
Member (2011)
Russian to English
+ ...
Mid morning Oct 1, 2013

When I have calmed down from the chaos of the school run, but before the afternoon drowsiness sets in.

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other Oct 1, 2013

It depends. If I am free from distractions or obligations that mean I have to be away from my post, then I'm most clear-headed and sharp in the mornings or later in the evening. However, things like having to go to collect mail or deal with other business mean that I may have to work at times of the day that are less than optimum.

The worst time would probably be just after lunch, as I've acquired the Spanish habit of siesta and really need at least half an hour to recharge my batteries after a decent nosh.

Victoria Britten  Identity Verified
France
Member (2012)
French to English
+ ...
Interesting Oct 1, 2013

...how many of us seem to like early mornings and/or late nights: is this one of the reasons we're self-employed, or are all those 9-5ers just wreaking thoughtless havoc with their biorhythms?

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What is the best time of day for you to work?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search