Poll: Have you written and published any books?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff

ProZ.com Staff
Local time: 16:39
SITE STAFF
May 25, 2014

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Have you written and published any books?".

This poll was originally submitted by Yetta J Bogarde. View the poll results »

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 00:39
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No, but... May 25, 2014

For the last 20 years, I have been building a large glossary (over 200 pages now) containing the main Portuguese acronyms and abbreviations. Maybe I will publish it some day…

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 01:39
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
No May 25, 2014

I have translated a few books, and am waiting (after the original deadline!) for the last two chapters of a book at the moment.

Oh, well, the client is happy so far and it's HER fault if she doesn't send me the source text...

But it all convinces me that I am better suited to smaller jobs on the whole!

I too have some large glossaries, but they stand on the shoulders of other people's work and need a good deal of editing and updating before publishing, so I don't think I will put my name to them. There are more complete and more reliable works available from others who deserve the credit and any income they generate!

I pass on answers to KudoZ questions and other enquiries if I think they are reliable enough.

macimovic
Netherlands
English to Serbian
+ ...
Planing to May 25, 2014

Actually, I'm in the middle of writing a simple Ebook on visual branding for translators whether they plan to do it alone or hire a professional.

Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Yes May 25, 2014

In 1996 my first novel was published. 2 poetry books (paperback) and 4 poetry e-books have been on the market since 2000. Not to forget the 25 pages Reference Manual I wrote to accompany my ProZ.com webinar.

Currently I'm working on getting my second novel published and 3 of my screenplays optioned / sold. And this is not the end of it.icon_wink.gif

Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
English to German
+ ...
I plan to May 25, 2014

I write horror stories and eventually they will be published.

Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yes May 26, 2014

I recently published my memoir, "Finding My Invincible Summer," available at www.findingmyinvinciblesummer.com.

I also edited a collection of essays for the American Translators Association titled "Technology as Translation Strategy":
http://books.google.com/books/about/Technology_as_Translation_Strategy.html?id=zc7vypmHaFgC

Amel Abdullah  Identity Verified
Jordan
Arabic to English
+ ...
Yes! May 26, 2014

I've written and published several guides for freelance writers and am planning to release another one within the next couple of days:

http://freelancemarketguides.com/how-much-do-you-want-to-earn/

I've also self-published a Sudanese novel I co-translated in 2011. "The Korak Council" is available here:

http://amzn.com/B00FMW5ZY2

Publishing books is a hobby of mine, and I have many projects currently in the works, including a few that may be of interest to fellow translators.

"Finding My Invincible Summer" looks like a very interesting read!

Natasa Poznic - Franceschi  Identity Verified
France
French to Serbo-Croat
+ ...
Yes May 26, 2014

I have translated several books from french to serbo-croat and from italian to serbo-croat.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you written and published any books?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search