Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Are you a member of any professional associations for translators and/or interpreters?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:13
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Or let us shortlist polls Nov 13, 2014

Chris S wrote:
One solution to the shortage of interesting poll questions would be to have a poll every two or three days rather than daily, which might also result in a longer and more rewarding debate.

Less frequent might be a good idea, I agree. OTOH, why not let us look at a list of possibles and give a resounding "NO" to ones that are repeats or just aren't going to be productive (some are so flawed it's a pointless exercise), and a "YES" to those that appear to have merit. At the moment, I don't think we can even see our own suggestions. I don't like to make any more suggestions in case I repeat one I've already made, and so add to this endless repetition.

Rudolf Frans Maulany
Rudolf Frans Maulany  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:13
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Yes Nov 13, 2014

Yes, I am member of two professional associations in two different countries.

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Yes Nov 13, 2014

EPITA and AATIA.

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:13
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yes? Nov 13, 2014

I was looking for a local translator/interpreter association to join when I found the Association of Missouri Interpreters. I was really excited to see how active they were and all the different activities they had lined up. Plus, the membership fee was only $10 a year! I signed up, was instantly accepted and began to bask in the glory that is professional membershipness...

I waited for some sort of certificate or credential that I could provide to my clients. I figured they must h
... See more
I was looking for a local translator/interpreter association to join when I found the Association of Missouri Interpreters. I was really excited to see how active they were and all the different activities they had lined up. Plus, the membership fee was only $10 a year! I signed up, was instantly accepted and began to bask in the glory that is professional membershipness...

I waited for some sort of certificate or credential that I could provide to my clients. I figured they must have been busy and forgot to send it, so I emailed them. They were very confused. They said that none of their other members had ever requested something like before.

Turns out that they interpreter the state of Missouri... They were a bunch of tree hugging hippies that were speaking in behalf of nature.

I'm still an active member and it's led to some interesting opportunities for my app
Collapse

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:13
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Discount? Nov 13, 2014

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Chris S wrote:
One solution to the shortage of interesting poll questions would be to have a poll every two or three days rather than daily, which might also result in a longer and more rewarding debate.

Less frequent might be a good idea, I agree. OTOH, why not let us look at a list of possibles and give a resounding "NO" to ones that are repeats or just aren't going to be productive (some are so flawed it's a pointless exercise), and a "YES" to those that appear to have merit. At the moment, I don't think we can even see our own suggestions. I don't like to make any more suggestions in case I repeat one I've already made, and so add to this endless repetition.

I wonder when they'll start offering discounts for repetitions?

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
There is no excuse for repeated poll questions... Nov 14, 2014

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Chris S wrote:

... It will suffice to click on the "search polls" function...

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Thayenga Nov 14, 2014

Thayenga wrote:

I wonder when they'll start offering discounts for repetitions?

What an excellent idea!!!

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Poll suggestions disappear Nov 14, 2014

Teresa Borges wrote:
Sheila Wilson wrote:
At the moment, I don't think we can even see our own suggestions. I don't like to make any more suggestions in case I repeat one I've already made, and so add to this endless repetition.

... It will suffice to click on the "search polls" function...

Sorry, Teresa, I didn't make myself clear. I was referring to the polls that I've suggested in the past that I don't remember ever seeing again - I don't think they've been run. I don't know what there is in the system waiting to come out.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Are you a member of any professional associations for translators and/or interpreters?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »