https://www.proz.com/forum/poll_discussion/303571-poll_what_do_you_prefer_to_do_in_your_free_time.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >
Poll: What do you prefer to do in your free time?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Jun 22, 2016

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "What do you prefer to do in your free time?".

This poll was originally submitted by Morano El-Kholy. View the poll results »

Marjolein Snippe
Marjolein Snippe  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:36
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
exercise Jun 22, 2016

Meet with friends, or get some exercise - or better still, go rowing with friends!
It is one of the reasons I stick to office hours and don't work during the weekend, as that is when most of my friends are free.

Ilan Rubin (X)
Ilan Rubin (X)  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:36
Russian to English
Another useless poll Jun 22, 2016

The list of options is totally random, making the poll pretty worthless.

I take my young daughter to feed carrots to the yaks, lamas and deer at a local entertainment centre. I like watching football, playing on-line chess, reading the news. etc. etc.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 00:36
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Other! Jun 22, 2016

It depends! Reading, cooking, going to the movies, a concert or the theater, watching TV, meeting with friends or family members, walking with my dog...

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Other Jun 22, 2016

Anything that's not related whatsoever to translation or (paid) work.
It may be walking the dog, killing wasps, cutting the grass, cleaning the pool or lying in the shade with a cool drink and watching my feet.

Philippe

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
An odd list of choices Jun 22, 2016

Daytime: gardening, mainly vegetables. I can't join hubby sunbathing due to 'big C' issues but I do like to dry off naturally after a quick dip in our little pool.

Evening: a tour of the local nightlife. There are around 15 bars with live music so it's serious stuff. Fortunately the live music ends mostly at midnight or I'd never get any work done next day!

Julian Holmes
Julian Holmes  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 08:36
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
Other Jun 22, 2016

Sweet FA

I like to empty my mind and go into zombie mode, preferably by having a beer or two or some wine and watching films without subtitles.

(Subtitles are this translator's nightmare since I always fall into the trap of checking the subtitles against what I hear. So stressful. Aaaargh!)

[Edited at 2016-06-22 12:17 GMT]

Karol Kacprzak
Karol Kacprzak  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Geocaching! Jun 22, 2016

Geocaching!

Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
Other Jun 22, 2016

Spending time with the family mostly paired with a bit of mountainbiking (loosing weight)

John Cutler
John Cutler  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other Jun 22, 2016

Looking after my 4th-floor balcony garden. Everything's taking off now that the weather's getting warmer. I'm just a few meters from my computer, but it's like being a million miles away. It's my own little heaven on earth.

[Edited at 2016-06-22 10:29 GMT]

Marta Cervera Areny
Marta Cervera Areny
Spain
Catalan to Spanish
+ ...
What is free time? Jun 22, 2016

I'm a freelance translator and a proud mommy of 3-year-old twins... I can't remember what free time is!

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other Jun 22, 2016

"Prefer" is one thing and my to-do list is another. I need to empty, clean and paint my pool this week for starters...
Finding a quiet beach or rocky cove for a bit of snorkelling is probably one of my favourite non-work things to do in summer... and I do enjoy jamming with musician friends when the occasion arises ... and a nice lunch followed by siesta is always good too...

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Other Jun 22, 2016

In my free time I do whatever I feel like doing, or attend to things that need my attention.

Agneta Pallinder
Agneta Pallinder  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Other Jun 22, 2016

Read a book, and then read more, and then read some more again.

Always was a bookworm, from early childhood, never stopped.

Platon Danilov
Platon Danilov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 02:36
English to Russian
+ ...
Same as Thayenga Jun 22, 2016

As for preferences, I like to attend myself to biking, often with my friends, or do some exercise, read a book, or whatever... well, the list seem never be comprehensive anyway

And I agree too, it's a useless poll with an odd list of choices.

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What do you prefer to do in your free time?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »