Poll: Do you stop working for meals?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Linda Ildevert (X)
Linda Ildevert (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:18
French to English
Yes Jan 11, 2017

I usually stop for half an hour or so, if only to rest my eyes and brain! I find I work better in the afternoon if I have a lunch break.

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
usually Jan 11, 2017

Mostly I work as an interpreter, so yes (sometimes it's but a day-long-and-on party)

On the other hand, when I'm really busy--including translation--I often forget I'm hungry, so it takes awhile to (look at the clock and) remember it!

Elizabeth Tamblin
Elizabeth Tamblin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:18
French to English
So ashamed Jan 11, 2017

Yes, I stop work to eat. Even more embarrassing, sometimes there's no work, but i eat anyway!

Ventnai
Ventnai  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:18
German to English
+ ...
Postpone Jan 11, 2017

I might postpone eating lunch, but only by an hour or so.

Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:18
Member (2006)
German to English
Poll for tomorro Jan 11, 2017

Julian Holmes wrote:

I stop working whenever I feel like it and this can include when I'm hungry.
I think this question could have been phrased better as:

Do you skip meals when you're busy? or something along these lines.

Yet another cackhanded question from Anonymous IMHO

Small edit

[Edited at 2017-01-11 13:41 GMT]

Do you keep working when sitting on the toilette?

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 16:18
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
For meals and other things Jan 12, 2017

I take at least one break per hour. I take my meals in a different room, on the table, out in the balcony, away from the office. I also take breaks for cigarrettes, coffee, shower, movie, wife, kids, fixing things at home, washing, cooking... This is one of the great advantages of being a freelancer, isn't it?

Of course I have no regular or schedule time for any of these things. I can go to sleep anywhere between midnight and 6:00 am, so I can wake up anywhere between 8:00 am and 2:
... See more
I take at least one break per hour. I take my meals in a different room, on the table, out in the balcony, away from the office. I also take breaks for cigarrettes, coffee, shower, movie, wife, kids, fixing things at home, washing, cooking... This is one of the great advantages of being a freelancer, isn't it?

Of course I have no regular or schedule time for any of these things. I can go to sleep anywhere between midnight and 6:00 am, so I can wake up anywhere between 8:00 am and 2:00 pm. Then, of course the meals and other things vary in time as well. Scheduled and fixed times is something I'm not willing to have ever again in my life.

[Edited at 2017-01-12 00:14 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you stop working for meals?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »