Poll: How often do you perform cleanup/maintenance on your main work computer?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
Local time: 05:13
SITE STAFF
Apr 15

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How often do you perform cleanup/maintenance on your main work computer?".

View the poll results »

Direct link Reply with quote

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:13
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other Apr 15

I empty my download folder and trash folder quite regularly, at least once a week. Apart from that, mostly when an issue appears.

Noni Gilbert
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
When I remember Apr 15

Being reminded to do it by polls like this can be effective.

Moments when I tend to get round to it, when I have time but not the concentration powers to do translation, such as when waiting for a medical appointment or on a not very long train journey. And in particular in those same situations when someone is insisting on talking to me, despite my having the laptop open...

Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
Weekly Apr 15

to prevent problems from taking place.

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 13:13
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Other Apr 15

The only thing I do is whenever my computer takes a long time to boot (monthly?) I delete all the temporary Internet files and uninstall some unused programs; all the maintenance is done online by a computer technician and if there is a serious problem that she can’t fix online she will visit me.

Gianluca Marras  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
English to Italian
other Apr 15

I move files into the right folders (you this that you save on desktop because you have no time) quite regularly (every 3/4 days) and the same happens for the files that need to be thrown away.

Maintenance, when a problem comes up

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How often do you perform cleanup/maintenance on your main work computer?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search