Poll: Have you ever applied Feng Shui in your office/work station?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff

ProZ.com Staff
Local time: 01:32
SITE STAFF
Apr 18

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Have you ever applied Feng Shui in your office/work station?".

View the poll results »

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 09:32
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No Apr 18

As far as I’m concerned my energy is much more dependent on what I eat or drink, the way I sleep and wake each morning, and my level of stress at the moment than on the position of my desk (I’m facing the wall and I have my back to the door which are big Feng-shui no-nos!). My office is always tidy and I’ve always kept green plants everywhere in my home long before I first heard of Feng-shui…

Julian Holmes  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 18:32
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
No Apr 18

But I swear in Japanese which uses Chinese characters. Is that close enough? icon_smile.gif

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:32
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
No Apr 18

It's called a pseudoscience, but how much is "pseudo" and how much is "science"? It's based on totally unscientific foundations which I'm sure made a lot of sense once, a long time ago. But we've moved on, haven't we? Or maybe not. Still, if it makes you feel good about yourself or your job, go for it icon_smile.gif.

Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:32
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other Apr 18

I tried it for fun, but I haven't taken it too seriously. By luck, it turns out that my office is in the money-making corner of the house, so that's good. Also, I keep my books from sticking out on the shelves, which is supposed to be negative Feng Shui. I have a crystal rope that I hang in a nice place. But I haven't addressed my furniture, tools, or seating position.

Something to think about if my endless to-do list runs out.

Joohee Kim  Identity Verified
South Korea
Local time: 18:32
Member (2017)
English to Korean
+ ...
What is Feng Shui? Apr 18

It's Chinese, right? I have no idea what it is...

Egmont Schröder  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:32
Member (2013)
Chinese to German
+ ...
No Apr 18

And I don't really believe in it, but I like the idea of an indoor fountain. I've seen it in Taiwan, it gives a very pleasant sound, helps to humidify the air and is (maybe) good for your business:)

Yetta J Bogarde  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 10:32
Member (2012)
English to Danish
+ ...
No Apr 18

I have read about it, and I think it has a lot to do with Chinese intuition - but I have my own (and quite well developed, tooicon_smile.gif)

Christopher & Rozilene Frye  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:32
Member (2011)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Secret Apr 18

It's our secret weapon.... heheheh! }: )

Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:32
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No! Apr 20

Are you kidding? how about some vodoo dolls too?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you ever applied Feng Shui in your office/work station?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search