Poll: In which of these are you most interested?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Apr 28, 2018

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "In which of these are you most interested?".

View the poll results »

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 04:49
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Other is missing... Apr 28, 2018

1. I’m always interested in having new clients and expanding my business.
2. I’m interested in succeeding to run my business as a steady and well-oiled-machine.
3. I’m interested in getting a more constant workflow rather than scaling down the amount of work I do occasionally.
4. I’m not interested in getting out of the business to do something else.

Sophie Dzhygir
Sophie Dzhygir  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:49
German to French
+ ...
What about "Several of the above"? Apr 28, 2018

I chose the steady business - I think no one really like to have an unsteady business?
But actually, I would very much like to work less (=scaling down) and get the same income, so that implies finding new, better paying clients/services, etc.

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:49
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
None of the above Apr 29, 2018

I'm interested in cultivating clients that pay well and appreciate my work. The more work I get from them, the less pressure on my time and my business. I'm at the point in my career where I want to keep up a steady flow of work but not feel too much pressure.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:49
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Expanding and stabilizing May 1, 2018

Although my agenda has been pretty full, with many regular clients, for more than a year, we're always looking for new clients and expansion, since we have no guarantees of holding any client... ever. If I lose any of my top clients, that would be pretty significant in my income, and we know it can happen any time.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: In which of these are you most interested?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »