Poll: If you had the choice, when booking a service, which would you prefer?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Apr 29, 2018

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "If you had the choice, when booking a service, which would you prefer?".

View the poll results »

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:35
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It depends on the service involved Apr 29, 2018

In general being a freelancer or a company is not my first criteria of choice (quality, price, proximity, convenience might be…).

Edith van der Have
Edith van der Have
Netherlands
Local time: 12:35
Member (2016)
English to Dutch
+ ...
It definitely depends on the type of service ... Apr 29, 2018

I'd rather not have my electricity delivered by a freelancer (what if the next storm would blow their solar panels away or they are too tired to ride their stationary bike), but I always use translation/proofreading services of my fellow freelancers)

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:35
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Company May 1, 2018

In my country, you always look for a company, pay a bit more, and you're still not 100% sure you'll get what you paid for.

Min Kyu Kim
Min Kyu Kim
United States
Local time: 07:35
A freelancer Aug 9, 2018

I would definitely opt for a freelancer. I believe, a freelancer can mold work as per your ideas if required & quality work can be done in lesser amount.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: If you had the choice, when booking a service, which would you prefer?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »