Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Have you ever translated the same sentence the same way for two different clients?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:05
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Ha ha ha! May 28, 2018

One more of these polls where the person who made the question didn't really think in advance.

David Brown
David Brown  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:05
Spanish to English
The same sentence ... May 28, 2018

ProZ.com Staff wrote:

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Have you ever translated the same sentence the same way for two different clients?".

View the poll results »

I am not sure of this, but I believe that I have translated the same sentence the same way for many different clients. There is often only one
transaltion that fits

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 05:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Missing like May 28, 2018

Never mind all that, I'm still wondering what happened to the "Like" button that appeared in this section one day to let us upvote comments and which I've never seen since.

Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:05
German to English
+ ...
It would be strange not to May 29, 2018

Supposing the sentence is "Das Auto ist blau." You'd translate it as "The car is blue." What other way could you translate it?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you ever translated the same sentence the same way for two different clients?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »