Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: What is the most important investment for a translator?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Manuela Grün
Manuela Grün  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:59
English to German
Education, though... Apr 4, 2019

I think the other options are just as important. I mean, CAT tools are obviously very important, just as good equipment like a fast computer/laptop in general. However, as internet and digitalization keeps growing, I think having your own web presence is just as important.

I don't know about being a member of associations yet. It might be a good idea, because you receive magazines and stuff to be up to date and as I'm from Germany, my customers do like the idea of being in a reknown
... See more
I think the other options are just as important. I mean, CAT tools are obviously very important, just as good equipment like a fast computer/laptop in general. However, as internet and digitalization keeps growing, I think having your own web presence is just as important.

I don't know about being a member of associations yet. It might be a good idea, because you receive magazines and stuff to be up to date and as I'm from Germany, my customers do like the idea of being in a reknowned association (still working on becoming a member, didn't have time yet). I found ProZ membership to be most useful, especially regarding getting jobs.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What is the most important investment for a translator?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »