Success Series

Join ProZ.com every Wednesday at 14:00 GMT / 10:00 AM EST for ProZ.com Translator Success series. Each week ProZ.com will bring speakers & presenters on to help ensure Freelance linguists have success & achieve their business objectives.

Click for Full Participation

Poll: Have you noticed any recent improvements in your clients' data and security practices?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff

ProZ.com Staff
Local time: 08:13
SITE STAFF
Sep 27

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Have you noticed any recent improvements in your clients' data and security practices?".

View the poll results »

Angus Stewart  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:13
Member (2011)
French to English
+ ...
No, but I am expecting them Sep 27

I haven't noticed any recent changes, but with Brexit looming I am expecting some enhancements as the UK's status in relation to cross-border transfers of data changes as it becomes a third country for the GDPR purposes. I expect that my European clients will require me to sign new data protection agreements to reflect the changes.

Iwona B. BA (Hons) MCIL

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:13
Spanish to English
+ ...
No Sep 27

And my clients' data and security practices are not something I'm usually concerned with.

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Teresa Borges
Gibril Koroma
Philip Lees

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 16:13
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No Sep 27

If they made changes, I’m not aware of them…

Yetta J Bogarde
Anna Herbst
Gibril Koroma

Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:13
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
No Sep 27

I have translated several new terms and privacy policies of several companies adapting to the new European rules, but none from clients so far.
In addition, the growing use of online platforms and clouds by agencies likely represents less secure practices, not the other way around.

Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:13
German to English
+ ...
other Sep 27

I don't have reason to know the internal practices of my clients unless they tell me.

Teresa Borges

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you noticed any recent improvements in your clients' data and security practices?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search