Poll: Have you been sued, or has a lawsuit been threatened, because your translation was faulty?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Aug 26, 2005

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Have you been sued, or has a lawsuit been threatened, because your translation was faulty?".

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 06:56
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
Is this problem ficticious? Aug 26, 2005

The reason for my posting this poll is that much has been said about the need to have an insurance policy but nobody has actually verified that there is such a need.

I reject the notion that insurance is necessary.
A translator does his best. Period.

MW

Daniel Bird
Daniel Bird  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:56
German to English
As of now, two respondents to the poll have been sued Aug 27, 2005

...but I guess it all depends what you mean by sued, and of course there are the follow-up questions e.g. who won the cases? I don't believe the interim result of this poll changes my attitude to the need for insurance, but that's what ProZ has been good at over the years - making us all think.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you been sued, or has a lawsuit been threatened, because your translation was faulty?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »