Poll: What is your minimum fee (EUR equiv.)?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff

ProZ.com Staff
Local time: 01:57
SITE STAFF
Aug 28, 2005

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "What is your minimum fee (EUR equiv.)?".

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629

Kemal Mustajbegovic  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:57
English to Croatian
+ ...
Min. fee for what? Aug 28, 2005

-translating?
-proofreading?
-editing?
-interpreting - consecutive?
-interpreting - simultaneous?
-?

I've noticed on few occasions before that the poll question isn't that clear. Does anyone moderates poll?

Cheers!

Erik Hansson  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
Swedish
+ ...
More options Aug 28, 2005

It might have been a good idea to offer price ranges, e.g.

1) zero EUR
2) below 25 EUR
3) 25-50 EUR
4) 50-75 EUR

and so on.

Also, minimum fees vary according to what kind of job you should carry out (translation, proof-reading etc.), just as Kemal pointed out, and also how urgent the job can be. This poll wasn't among the best ones.

Regards
Erik

Erik Hansson
Technical translator DE-SV
Hansson Übersetzungen GmbH
Am Birkenwäldchen 38
D-01900 Bretnig-Hauswalde, Germany
Phone +49 - 3 59 52 - 321 07
Fax +49 - 3 59 52 - 322 02
E-Mail info@hansson.de
Internet www.hansson.de
Internet www.t-translators.net
Internet www.technical-translators.net
ProZ profile http://www.proz.com/pro/21654

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 10:57
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
I've entered my minimum fee for 1000 words by mistake... Sep 7, 2005

So I was horrified to find I was right near the most expensive end of the scale, if not actually off it! My mistake!

I charge agencies for a minimum of 30 minutes work - around 7 euros. By the time I have worked out what the job is about, done it and noted invoicing details... it's close!

Occasionally I don't charge at all - if the client is a private person not earning money from a job, then it's just not worth the trouble of invoicing, charging VAT (at 25%, which is horrendous, but that's the law if they're not VAT registered!) and so on.

I tell them they can give a contribution to a good cause if they like and leave it at that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What is your minimum fee (EUR equiv.)?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search