Poll: Do you think ProZ.com is a good source of new clients?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Sep 18, 2005

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Do you think ProZ.com is a good source of new clients?".

This poll was originally submitted by Konstantin Kisin

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more informati
... See more
This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Do you think ProZ.com is a good source of new clients?".

This poll was originally submitted by Konstantin Kisin

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629
Collapse

jccantrell
jccantrell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:18
Member (2005)
German to English
No comments yet? Sep 29, 2005

Wow, the first to comment, even though this is two weeks old.

I responded No to this poll.

I have found that all of the people who have approached me through Proz.com with work have offered rates that were far below my current rate.

I do technical translation and I am not reliant upon my translation work for my living. For this reason, I have the luxury of turning down jobs that do not meet my rate.

So far, being a member for, ummmm, 6 years,
... See more
Wow, the first to comment, even though this is two weeks old.

I responded No to this poll.

I have found that all of the people who have approached me through Proz.com with work have offered rates that were far below my current rate.

I do technical translation and I am not reliant upon my translation work for my living. For this reason, I have the luxury of turning down jobs that do not meet my rate.

So far, being a member for, ummmm, 6 years, I have been approached perhaps 6 times with work. I have yet to get a job through Proz.

However, do not think that I am down on Proz. Far from it. I believe this is a fantastic website. I used to be a member of Flefo on Compuserve but have moved here now. It is just that I do not find this forum a place that yields paying work for me.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you think ProZ.com is a good source of new clients?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »