https://www.proz.com/forum/poll_discussion/39301-poll%3A_are_there_any_other_translators_in_your_family.html

Poll: Are there any other translators in your family?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Nov 21, 2005

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Are there any other translators in your family?".

This poll was originally submitted by Paula Gayol

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each tim
... See more
This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Are there any other translators in your family?".

This poll was originally submitted by Paula Gayol

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629
Collapse

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:46
French to English
Breath is bated... Nov 21, 2005

...while I wait for someone to ask what they should answer as they come from a veritable translation dynasty and as such have translator parents and translator offspring (and probably a smattering of distant translator relatives to boot I shouldn't wonder)

Interesting question, though....

Javier Herrera (X)
Javier Herrera (X)
Spanish
Brothers or sisters? Nov 21, 2005

It's not my case, but if someone's brothers or sisters are also translators, what categories would they fall in? Not parents, not children. Distant relatives?
J.

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:46
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I wish there was another choice there... Nov 22, 2005

Yes I am, and my husband is a translator and editor as well.

Beyond this, both of my sisters are translators and interpreters and my father is an editor and a proofreader of my translations.

Lastly, with any luck, my son's work translating for my mother to the general public will turn into him working as a translator when he gets a little older. (He has other plans though. He wants to be a scientist - yes
... See more
Yes I am, and my husband is a translator and editor as well.

Beyond this, both of my sisters are translators and interpreters and my father is an editor and a proofreader of my translations.

Lastly, with any luck, my son's work translating for my mother to the general public will turn into him working as a translator when he gets a little older. (He has other plans though. He wants to be a scientist - yes, you guessed it right: He is almost 7 now.)

Monika

[Edited at 2005-11-22 00:41]
Collapse

Will Matter
Will Matter  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:46
English
+ ...
Should include siblings as an additional choice Nov 22, 2005

This poll should include "siblings" as an additional choice. In my case, one of my sisters speaks Spanish as well as I speak Japanese, she is essentially bilingual in English and Spanish. In addition, she speaks both French and Italian well, can understand Portuguese and her German isn't bad. Two kids, at least six languages between the two, Mom did a real good job. Yeah, Mom!

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:46
Dutch to English
+ ...
My sister Nov 22, 2005

There should have been more choice. My sister and her husband also translate.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Are there any other translators in your family?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »