Poll: Blue Board - Are you subscribed to daily email 'call for entries', and if so, do you answer?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Apr 19, 2006

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Blue Board - Are you subscribed to daily email 'call for entries', and if so, do you answer?".

This poll was originally submitted by Dinny

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a ne
... See more
This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Blue Board - Are you subscribed to daily email 'call for entries', and if so, do you answer?".

This poll was originally submitted by Dinny

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629
Collapse

Anette Hilgendag
Anette Hilgendag  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:22
English to German
+ ...
Very useful tool Apr 19, 2006

In fact, it was because of the Blue Board that I finally decided to go for the paid membership.

I wish you all a productive working day

Anette

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 07:22
Italian to Danish
+ ...
Usefull tool when constantly updated Apr 19, 2006

Actually, the reason why I wanted to know how many are subscribed to receiving the "call for entries" was that whenever I can't find an agency in the Blue Board I would prefer to decline working for them - and if I place a call for entries I never find any replies to this call, meaning that there are no updated entries in the Blue Board following such a call.

I think that members of "the world's largest translator place" should be aware that the Blue Board is one of the site's most
... See more
Actually, the reason why I wanted to know how many are subscribed to receiving the "call for entries" was that whenever I can't find an agency in the Blue Board I would prefer to decline working for them - and if I place a call for entries I never find any replies to this call, meaning that there are no updated entries in the Blue Board following such a call.

I think that members of "the world's largest translator place" should be aware that the Blue Board is one of the site's most powerfull tools, and the more members contributes with entries the less risk everybody has to enter into business with agencies which are best forgotten.

So get subscribed to the "call for entries", won't you?
Dinny
Collapse

Dyran Altenburg (X)
Dyran Altenburg (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not necessary Apr 19, 2006

Dinny wrote:
So get subscribed to the "call for entries", won't you?

In my case, I am not subscribed because the eight clients I have give me more than enough work to keep me constantly busy.

Also, only two of them are listed on the Blue Board (both with high marks).

--
Dyran

Rebecca Hendry
Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:22
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I subscribe Apr 19, 2006

Hi Dinny,

I do subscribe for the daily call for entries, and it's always waiting in my inbox when I get up in the mornings. Only once, however, has a company I have worked for been on the list and in that case I added a comment.

I agree, it would be a far more useful tool if everybody subscribed. Quite often I have been approached by agencies without any Blue Board comments and I have posted a call for entries with no response.

Becky.

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Italian to Danish
+ ...
Your eight agencies... Apr 21, 2006

might be asking somebody else for translations in other language pairs, Dyran. That is why it would be usefull if they were not "hidden" but actually appeared on the Blue Board as the good agencies they seem to be.

I have inserted some of mine which were not there, and if one day I see a call for entries regarding these I shall be sure to return a comment to help a colleague. I sort of hoped this would be the general spirit......
See more
might be asking somebody else for translations in other language pairs, Dyran. That is why it would be usefull if they were not "hidden" but actually appeared on the Blue Board as the good agencies they seem to be.

I have inserted some of mine which were not there, and if one day I see a call for entries regarding these I shall be sure to return a comment to help a colleague. I sort of hoped this would be the general spirit...
Collapse

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Italian to Danish
+ ...
Becky Apr 21, 2006

Exactly why I wanted to draw some attention to this feature. As for the poll, it looks like a lot of people doesn't know what this is about.

I wish ProZ.com would engage a little marketing effort on this subject.... (pssssttt, usually when I wish for some ProZ.com feature it simply pops out of the blue after a while!)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Blue Board - Are you subscribed to daily email 'call for entries', and if so, do you answer?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »