https://www.proz.com/forum/poll_discussion/65168-poll_how_often_do_you_update_your_resume.html

Poll: How often do you update your resume?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Feb 4, 2007

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How often do you update your resume?".

This poll was originally submitted by Julianne Rowland

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, se
... See more
This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How often do you update your resume?".

This poll was originally submitted by Julianne Rowland

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629
Collapse

Marie-Céline GEORG
Marie-Céline GEORG  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:59
German to French
+ ...
Missing option: "when I'm asked for it" Feb 4, 2007

I answered "depends on my workload" because I don't do it very often, mainly because I just take a look at it when someone asks for it and I check that it is up to date before sending it, which I do only when I have time to look for new customers...

Well, this poll is interesting, because it reminds me that I have to upload my updated CV in my profile

BR
Marie-Céline

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:59
English to Arabic
+ ...
Other: when there's anything new to add! Feb 4, 2007

New address, phone number, credential (one of the poll options), new rates, new experience gained etc.

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 03:59
Spanish to English
+ ...
"Other," with Marie-Célene Feb 4, 2007

I answered "other." I didn't even have a resumé until last summer, because no one ever asked for it. I get most of my new clients through recommendations. The next time someone asks for it, I'll update it before I send it. That may be next week, or 10 years from now....

Jane

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Need it only once every five years Feb 4, 2007

Only very rarely a customer needs a resume of our team members for some potential project in which the final customer needs some knowledge of the actual people translating their work. In 10 years that has only happened twice, so that gives an average of once every five years. So I was cheeky and replied "What resume?"...

Ikram Mahyuddin
Ikram Mahyuddin  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 14:59
English to Indonesian
+ ...
it depends Feb 5, 2007

Different clients may need different resumes. Sometimes they do not need any resume at all

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Other - When I go on holiday!! Feb 5, 2007

I wavered between 'when I have time' and ''when I add a new credential' and 'depends on workload'.

These days I do not add every one-day course I go on - once or twice a year - and I have not added new credentials for some time.

But I add a remark on my profile when I am not available over the Christmas and summer holidays, and check the rest when I put it in or remove it.

I do update at other times too, but in practice that's how it goes!

... See more
I wavered between 'when I have time' and ''when I add a new credential' and 'depends on workload'.

These days I do not add every one-day course I go on - once or twice a year - and I have not added new credentials for some time.

But I add a remark on my profile when I am not available over the Christmas and summer holidays, and check the rest when I put it in or remove it.

I do update at other times too, but in practice that's how it goes!

Collapse

Annette Heinrich
Annette Heinrich  Identity Verified
Member (2009)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Other - When I need it Feb 5, 2007

This can be for various reasons:
- An existing customer asks me for it (some agencies regularly ask for an up-to-date CV)
- A potential customer aks for it to see if I'm qualified for a potential job
- I am actively looking for new customers (this corresponds to the option "depends on my workload" - when I'm not busy, I sometimes send applications)

But normally, there is not a lot of information to add or update - mostly my age...
See more
This can be for various reasons:
- An existing customer asks me for it (some agencies regularly ask for an up-to-date CV)
- A potential customer aks for it to see if I'm qualified for a potential job
- I am actively looking for new customers (this corresponds to the option "depends on my workload" - when I'm not busy, I sometimes send applications)

But normally, there is not a lot of information to add or update - mostly my age

Greetings from Brittany!

[Bearbeitet am 2007-02-05 14:12]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How often do you update your resume?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »