Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you have your meals while working?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff

Julia Esrom  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:54
German to English
+ ...
Breakfast, work, lunch, work, play! Mar 6, 2007

I absolutely agree with Frances: "Lunching away from the computer increases productivity" Productivity cannot be measured in hours, but in quality work. Mental activity has the same requirements as physical activity. You can´t win races without resting between training-sessions. Isn´t this the same thing?

Jocelyne S  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Me too... Mar 6, 2007

Julia Esrom wrote:

I absolutely agree with Frances: "Lunching away from the computer increases productivity" Productivity cannot be measured in hours, but in quality work. Mental activity has the same requirements as physical activity. You can´t win races without resting between training-sessions. Isn´t this the same thing?

I absolutely agree. I do however enjoy a coffee at my desk first thing in the morning and after lunch, whilst checking email or reading the papers.

Perhaps I'm not versed enough in multi-tasking, but I definitely have trouble imagining myself typing with a fork in hand! Plus, as others have said, it's just nice to get away from the computer for a bit.

Best,
Jocelyne

DR Maryam Taghavi  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:54
English to Farsi (Persian)
+ ...
My funny story or is it! Mar 6, 2007

Hello everybody,

I answered the pole 'rarely' because I only have a cup of tea/juice/milk while working on the computer. Last night, however, I had to proofread something urgently. I spent the whole afternoon on it despite the fact that I had a sever flu. Any way, somehow I did something I have never ever done before and lost the file! So I had to start all over again. For the first time, then, I sat behind the computer with a bowl of soup next to me and started editing again. As I
... See more
Hello everybody,

I answered the pole 'rarely' because I only have a cup of tea/juice/milk while working on the computer. Last night, however, I had to proofread something urgently. I spent the whole afternoon on it despite the fact that I had a sever flu. Any way, somehow I did something I have never ever done before and lost the file! So I had to start all over again. For the first time, then, I sat behind the computer with a bowl of soup next to me and started editing again. As I had to stay awake untill 3 am, I also rewarded myself with a cup of milk and a chocolate bar at 1.

Happy translating and thankyou for your comments
Collapse

John Cutler  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yuk, sticky keyboards! Mar 6, 2007

I agree with those who say crumbs and sticky keyboards are a turn off, and a sticky, greasy mouse is the worst!! : )
Taking a break and eating somewhere away from the computer is good for body, soul and spirit and saves you time cleaning the crumbs out of the keyboard and the jam off the mouse.

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
The space bar doesn't work any more because of the crumbs... Mar 6, 2007

and, to save buying a new keyboard, I have taken up use of Dragon again....

Astrid

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you have your meals while working?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search