Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Poll: A film made about your life would be a:
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
Local time: 07:48
SITE STAFF
Jun 30, 2007

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "A film made about your life would be a:".

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629

Direct link Reply with quote

lingomania
Local time: 01:48
Italian to English
Combination Jun 30, 2007

My motto on many fun forums and message boards is : "I've seen and heard many things that are best left untold", so I think the film on my life would be a HUGE combination of many factors.

Rob

Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:48
English to Arabic
+ ...
A film made about my life would be... Jun 30, 2007

... boring? (Missing option)

At least better than a film full of drama and conflict!

Rebecca Garber  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:48
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
my life in film Jun 30, 2007

Nesrin wrote:

... boring? (Missing option)

At least better than a film full of drama and conflict!

boring, no question.

nordlys75  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 00:48
English to Japanese
Other : Documentary Jul 1, 2007

Less drama, but more reality.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:48
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Most probably boring Jul 1, 2007

Voted "comedy", but most probably my movie would be a bit slow to most watchers.

Danae Ferri  Identity Verified
Norway
Norwegian to Greek
+ ...
too full, too fast Jul 1, 2007

an adventure, probably?

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Too little action for a film Jul 1, 2007

I think there is too little action for a film - all those hours at the screen... or in the kitchen or other static scenarios.

But a clever writer could probably weave some of the vignettes and episodes into a good book with links to people I've met and some of the unspoken thoughts.

In fact I want to note down a few things from some of my relatives' backgrounds, in the correct order before they write the last chapters!

I must get it done, and then there would be material for a fantastic soap opera spreading over several continents.

I counted up - I could actually include close relatives who have been on six continents between them, and a brother-in-law has close connections with the seventh...

Not to mention all the languages. But I bet I'm not at all exceptional on this site.

Thanks for a great poll!

[Edited at 2007-07-01 10:39]

kpi  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
Combination Jul 1, 2007

But I interpreted the question to mean my entire life - not just my life as it is at the moment!

Helene Diu  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
English to French
Other Jul 1, 2007

A boring late-night documentary :yawn:

John Cutler  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
A mix of genres Jul 1, 2007

I suppose if I was to take isolated moments from my life, I could come up with some kind of decent film, although it would probably be a short 90-minute flick equally divided up between the genres.

The romantic bit was when I met my wife. I laid eyes on her and everything stopped in a freeze frame and she literally had a glowing light around her. (It would look great on screen.)

The comedy part would be how much I laugh when I’m with my parents and siblings or wife and kids. Eating together and good-natured ribbing about each other’s foibles are always part of the fare.

As for the drama, I don’t think my life would be a tear-jerker but, as they say, “S**t happens”. There’s nothing worse then losing loved ones or seeing them suffer in some way. A family member recently lost his battle with cancer and that’ll sting for a long time.

The adventure scene would be when I traveled, years ago, down the West Coast of the US, through Mexico and into the jungles of Central America with a bunch of friends in a rickety old van with a malfunctioning radiator. We camped out most of the way, faced our share of real dangers and met a lot of great people.

Now all I need to do is come up with a title…

Alice CORDEBARD - DUCHET
France
English to French
Boring?? Jul 1, 2007

How can you think your own life is boring???

Life is a great story, not boring at all.

[Edited at 2007-07-01 12:52]

[Edited at 2007-07-01 14:07]

Fiamma Lolli
Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
It all depends... Jul 1, 2007

...from who the author would be!
My friend Paola would look just at the romance side of the whole story...
My noir-writers friends would write a noir/thriller out of whatever would the story be...
My parents, no doubt: plain drama (especially my mom)!
My husband would write a philosophical essay, so I imagine it would be a documentary (missing option)... may be even a quite boring one...
But if I had to write the screenplay for a movie on my life, you can bet; comedy, no way!
My only regret: too late to have Frank Capra as the director, James Stewart in my husband's role (well, or my husband gets slim or Jimmie should have been quite a bit more fat) and Bette Davis, the one and only, in my one!

Fiamma Lolli
Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Dear, you have it! Jul 1, 2007

At least for the adventure part of it:

John Cutler wrote:
The adventure scene would be when I traveled, years ago, down the West Coast of the US, through Mexico and into the jungles of Central America with a bunch of friends in a rickety old van with a malfunctioning radiator. We camped out most of the way, faced our share of real dangers and met a lot of great people.

Now all I need to do is come up with a title…

Gone with the van

But gimme time and I'll find all the others!

Ana Brause  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:48
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
My life? Jul 1, 2007

a great script for Woody Allen or Almodovar, indeed!
Cheers,
Ana

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: A film made about your life would be a:

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search