Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Poll: A film made about your life would be a:
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff

ProZ.com Staff
Local time: 00:17
SITE STAFF
Jun 30, 2007

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "A film made about your life would be a:".

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629

lingomania
Local time: 18:17
Italian to English
Combination Jun 30, 2007

My motto on many fun forums and message boards is : "I've seen and heard many things that are best left untold", so I think the film on my life would be a HUGE combination of many factors.

Rob

Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:17
English to Arabic
+ ...
A film made about my life would be... Jun 30, 2007

... boring? (Missing option)

At least better than a film full of drama and conflict!

Rebecca Garber  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:17
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
my life in film Jun 30, 2007

Nesrin wrote:

... boring? (Missing option)

At least better than a film full of drama and conflict!

boring, no question.

nordlys75  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 17:17
English to Japanese
Other : Documentary Jul 1, 2007

Less drama, but more reality.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:17
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Most probably boring Jul 1, 2007

Voted "comedy", but most probably my movie would be a bit slow to most watchers.

Danae Ferri  Identity Verified
Norway
Norwegian to Greek
+ ...
too full, too fast Jul 1, 2007

an adventure, probably?

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Too little action for a film Jul 1, 2007

I think there is too little action for a film - all those hours at the screen... or in the kitchen or other static scenarios.

But a clever writer could probably weave some of the vignettes and episodes into a good book with links to people I've met and some of the unspoken thoughts.

In fact I want to note down a few things from some of my relatives' backgrounds, in the correct order before they write the last chapters!

I must get it done, and then there would be material for a fantastic soap opera spreading over several continents.

icon_smile.gif

I counted up - I could actually include close relatives who have been on six continents between them, and a brother-in-law has close connections with the seventh...

Not to mention all the languages. But I bet I'm not at all exceptional on this site.

Thanks for a great poll!

[Edited at 2007-07-01 10:39]

kpi  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
Combination Jul 1, 2007

But I interpreted the question to mean my entire life - not just my life as it is at the moment!

Helene Diu  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
English to French
Other Jul 1, 2007

A boring late-night documentary :yawn:

icon_lol.gif

John Cutler  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
A mix of genres Jul 1, 2007

I suppose if I was to take isolated moments from my life, I could come up with some kind of decent film, although it would probably be a short 90-minute flick equally divided up between the genres.

The romantic bit was when I met my wife. I laid eyes on her and everything stopped in a freeze frame and she literally had a glowing light around her. (It would look great on screen.)

The comedy part would be how much I laugh when I’m with my parents and siblings or wife and kids. Eating together and good-natured ribbing about each other’s foibles are always part of the fare.

As for the drama, I don’t think my life would be a tear-jerker but, as they say, “S**t happens”. There’s nothing worse then losing loved ones or seeing them suffer in some way. A family member recently lost his battle with cancer and that’ll sting for a long time.

The adventure scene would be when I traveled, years ago, down the West Coast of the US, through Mexico and into the jungles of Central America with a bunch of friends in a rickety old van with a malfunctioning radiator. We camped out most of the way, faced our share of real dangers and met a lot of great people.

Now all I need to do is come up with a title…icon_smile.gif

Alice CORDEBARD - DUCHET
France
English to French
Boring?? Jul 1, 2007

How can you think your own life is boring???

Life is a great story, not boring at all.

[Edited at 2007-07-01 12:52]

[Edited at 2007-07-01 14:07]

Fiamma Lolli
Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
It all depends... Jul 1, 2007

...from who the author would be!
My friend Paola would look just at the romance side of the whole story...
My noir-writers friends would write a noir/thriller out of whatever would the story be...
My parents, no doubt: plain drama (especially my mom)!
My husband would write a philosophical essay, so I imagine it would be a documentary (missing option)... may be even a quite boring one...
But if I had to write the screenplay for a movie on my life, you can bet; comedy, no way!
My only regret: too late to have Frank Capra as the director, James Stewart in my husband's role (well, or my husband gets slim or Jimmie should have been quite a bit more fat) and Bette Davis, the one and only, in my one!

Fiamma Lolli
Italy
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Dear, you have it! Jul 1, 2007

At least for the adventure part of it:

John Cutler wrote:
The adventure scene would be when I traveled, years ago, down the West Coast of the US, through Mexico and into the jungles of Central America with a bunch of friends in a rickety old van with a malfunctioning radiator. We camped out most of the way, faced our share of real dangers and met a lot of great people.

Now all I need to do is come up with a title…icon_smile.gif

Gone with the vanicon_smile.gif

But gimme time and I'll find all the others!

Ana Brause  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
My life? Jul 1, 2007

a great script for Woody Allen or Almodovar, indeed!icon_wink.gif
Cheers,
Ana

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: A film made about your life would be a:

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search