Poll: What did you do yesterday when there was no Quick Poll?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Jul 11, 2007

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "What did you do yesterday when there was no Quick Poll?".

This poll was originally submitted by ryancolm

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more infor
... See more
This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "What did you do yesterday when there was no Quick Poll?".

This poll was originally submitted by ryancolm

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629
Collapse

Ivette Camargo López
Ivette Camargo López  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
Some of the above .... Jul 11, 2007

I did cry a bit, but then I relaxed once I realized James Bond would come to Quick Poll's aid.... (see http://www.proz.com/topic/77891?start=15 )

Claudia Aguero
Claudia Aguero  Identity Verified
Costa Rica
Local time: 15:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
I wondered what had happened Jul 11, 2007

I was kindof surprised, but cotinued working

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 17:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
I would have posted a forum topic about it. Jul 11, 2007

Yesterday was one of those very rare days when I barely got online, so I didn't notice. If I had, I would have either submitted a support ticket or posted a new forum topic about it, in fear that the feature had been dropped.

What happened then? Was there simply no Quick Poll showing on the home page? Or did the old one remain there for an extra day?

Please, all ProZ powers-that-be: Don't ever drop the Quick Pol
... See more
Yesterday was one of those very rare days when I barely got online, so I didn't notice. If I had, I would have either submitted a support ticket or posted a new forum topic about it, in fear that the feature had been dropped.

What happened then? Was there simply no Quick Poll showing on the home page? Or did the old one remain there for an extra day?

Please, all ProZ powers-that-be: Don't ever drop the Quick Poll! If the problem was that you had no new ideas, here's a quick idea for the next time it happens: Ask, "How many times have you proposed a Quick Poll question?"
Collapse

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Technical Problem Jul 11, 2007

JaneTranslates wrote:

As explained in this thread http://www.proz.com/topic/77891 due to some technical problems the quick poll was not visible on the homepage for a short period of time. Fortunately, Andrew managed to solve it.

Regards,

Romina

Fernando D. Walker
Fernando D. Walker  Identity Verified

Local time: 18:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
I felt the same as Claudia Jul 11, 2007

I was suprised, but I thought it was a kind of problem... Fortunately it is back!
Regards,
Fernando

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:05
English to Arabic
+ ...
Rejoiced? Jul 11, 2007

I didn't of course, but that's a missing option. But I suppose the people who rejoiced wouldn't take part in this poll anyway.

Beatriz Galiano (X)
Beatriz Galiano (X)
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
I wasn't online yesterday. Jul 11, 2007

So I did not notice, and I won't be for a while since my pc is being serviced.

I enjoy polls a lot!!

liliana

Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Consistency Jul 11, 2007

I called my IT guru. Whatever unusual happens on this screen, he takes care of it.

Au

janen
janen
Local time: 09:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other - searched Jul 11, 2007

I looked around the page to see if it had been moved.

Catherine Shepherd
Catherine Shepherd  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Hoped it would come back!! Jul 11, 2007

Glad to see it was only a temporary problem!!

Emmanuelle Hingant
Emmanuelle Hingant  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to French
Experiment Jul 11, 2007

As explained in this thread http://www.proz.com/topic/77891 due to some technical problems the quick poll was not visible on the homepage for a short period of time. Fortunately, Andrew managed to solve it.

Regards,

Romina

Seeing the question today, I thought we were some kind of rats in an psychological experiment meant to see how translators react when their routine is disrupted. So then it was just a technical problem, too bad... I think translators would do good study subjects.

Em.

Lorenia de la Vega
Lorenia de la Vega  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
I was confused. Jul 12, 2007

Emmanuelle Hingant wrote:

Seeing the question today, I thought we were some kind of rats in an psychological experiment meant to see how translators react when their routine is disrupted. So then it was just a technical problem, too bad... I think translators would do good study subjects.

Em.

I don't think we're too keen on disruptions to our routines!

Konstantin Kisin
Konstantin Kisin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
check it every day too Jul 17, 2007

I was confused as well

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What did you do yesterday when there was no Quick Poll?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »