Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Poll: In general what makes you nervous?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Melina Kajander
Melina Kajander
Finland
English to Finnish
+ ...
Yes, strange :) Aug 31, 2007

Astrid Elke Johnson wrote:
Strange, how this thread is full of chocolate addicts

I wondered at that too, as I myself don't much care for chocolate

But mainly 2 things make me nervous: having no work (and thus diminishing bank balance), and, on the other hand, having too much work!!

[Edited at 2007-08-31 15:36]

Beatriz Galiano (X)
Beatriz Galiano (X)
Argentina
Local time: 17:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Chocolate Aug 31, 2007

I'm always stressed to a point, but this winter is so cold in Argentina that chocolates are really a must. I wouldn't have chocolates in summer though.

Also, extremes like having too much work or almost nothing to do make me nervous...

[Edited at 2007-08-31 15:16]

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:47
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Good news for chocolate lovers Sep 3, 2007

It has to be the dark kind though. Enjoy chocolate indulgence

http://www.realage.com/news_features/articler.aspx?id=8516

Nikki Graham
Nikki Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:47
Spanish to English
No milk Sep 6, 2007

I'm totally addicted to my two morning mugs of tea (I don't actually like talking to anyone until I'm at least half way through the first one..), so if there is no milk to put in it, I get very nervous. The other day my husband went to the shops to get some (after using all the milk on the girls' and his breakfast, I might add) and took AGES (because he bought half the shop as well, so much for a quick errand for my benefit!!) and I was not at all pleased.

Having no work makes me ve
... See more
I'm totally addicted to my two morning mugs of tea (I don't actually like talking to anyone until I'm at least half way through the first one..), so if there is no milk to put in it, I get very nervous. The other day my husband went to the shops to get some (after using all the milk on the girls' and his breakfast, I might add) and took AGES (because he bought half the shop as well, so much for a quick errand for my benefit!!) and I was not at all pleased.

Having no work makes me very nervous indeed. I seem to be going through patches recently where I am either offered far more than I can cope with or nothing (that I feel I want to accept. I have quite a few no-nos).

As for chocolate, well, I am a chocoholic, and no decent chocoholic is ever without it so no worries there. And it has to be the milk kind (and who cares if it's not good for you when it's that yummy). But Textclick, sorry and all that, but I really couldn't cope with chilli, salt and pepper in my chocolate, and anyway, why go to Germany to buy chocolate when you can go to Switzerland?

Here is a link to my all-time favourite. My sister (who lives in the country) brings it over every time she comes and this is what she got me as a recent (less than four weeks ago!) wedding present. After all, she knows better than anybody what I really want!

http://www.cailler.ch/en/sor/fri/default.asp
Collapse

patyjs
patyjs  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:47
Spanish to English
+ ...
no work....or tea! Sep 15, 2007

I'm with Nikki...can't get the motor running in the morning until the hot tea hits the taste buds. (Yes, I'm English) I'm a really early riser so I get through 4 or 5 cups before I even think about getting the kids up for school....and those couple of hours are when I am most productive.

I love chocolate...but eating it makes me nervous!!! (or the thought of looking like the Pilsbury Dough boy.)

Having no work really makes me nervous after a few days...I start out enjo
... See more
I'm with Nikki...can't get the motor running in the morning until the hot tea hits the taste buds. (Yes, I'm English) I'm a really early riser so I get through 4 or 5 cups before I even think about getting the kids up for school....and those couple of hours are when I am most productive.

I love chocolate...but eating it makes me nervous!!! (or the thought of looking like the Pilsbury Dough boy.)

Having no work really makes me nervous after a few days...I start out enjoying the free time. Isn't it funny how all of a sudden everything seems so dusty! Closets get sorted and clutter is cleared.

After about three days with no work coming in I start to get irritable and lazy. I play mindless games on my laptop or watch TV when I know I should be using the time for something more productive.

Funny thing...being busy gives me more energy to do more things...and the reverse is true, too.

By the way, CONGRATULATIONS! Nikki on your marriage. All the best to you...

Paty
Collapse

Nikki Graham
Nikki Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:47
Spanish to English
It's happened again! Sep 16, 2007

patyjs wrote:

By the way, CONGRATULATIONS! Nikki on your marriage. All the best to you...

Many thanks Paty, five weeks today.

BUT the new husband has done it again and used all the milk (because he had extra cereal last night before going to bed) and there is no milk for my tea.

I feel an argument brewing...

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: In general what makes you nervous?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »