https://www.proz.com/forum/poll_discussion/82583-poll_in_general_what_makes_you_nervous.html

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >
Poll: In general what makes you nervous?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Aug 30, 2007

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "In general what makes you nervous?".

This poll was originally submitted by Manuel Martín-Iguacel

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information,
... See more
This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "In general what makes you nervous?".

This poll was originally submitted by Manuel Martín-Iguacel

View the poll here

A forum topic will appear each time a new poll is run. For more information, see: http://proz.com/topic/33629
Collapse

Rafa Lombardino
Rafa Lombardino
United States
Local time: 20:03
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
:p Aug 30, 2007

I loved the "no chocolate at home" option!

It actually happened to me on Tuesday; I realized I had no chocolate at home and started to get a headache, so I had to go to the store and get some organic chocolate, cookies, ice cream, and brownies... Now I just have to pace myself to make it last for a while

I used to get worried every time I
... See more
I loved the "no chocolate at home" option!

It actually happened to me on Tuesday; I realized I had no chocolate at home and started to get a headache, so I had to go to the store and get some organic chocolate, cookies, ice cream, and brownies... Now I just have to pace myself to make it last for a while

I used to get worried every time I didn't have to write down my projects on my calendar, because it would mean that I hadn't received many and could work on a first-come-first-served basis. Then I realized that it would always happen in and around August, so now I can plan my schedule better and enjoy myself with a part-time job, at least one month out of the year.
Collapse

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:03
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
No chocolate at home Aug 30, 2007

Thank you, Manuel for adding this option. It was my favorite one. About three months ago, as I was working in my office, I found myself with no supply of chocolate on the table, next to the keyboard. I left everything in the middle, drove myself to the store and bought several bags of (dark, pure) chocolate. It was then when I realized that I was addicted to chocolate, really badly. I no longer keep them next to me now and I am more conscious of how much chocolate I eat; however, I do have my fo... See more
Thank you, Manuel for adding this option. It was my favorite one. About three months ago, as I was working in my office, I found myself with no supply of chocolate on the table, next to the keyboard. I left everything in the middle, drove myself to the store and bought several bags of (dark, pure) chocolate. It was then when I realized that I was addicted to chocolate, really badly. I no longer keep them next to me now and I am more conscious of how much chocolate I eat; however, I do have my food storage filled up with a lot of dark pure chocolate bags (I eat the dark, pure kind of chocolate, the one that is actually good for your heart, not the candy type one. However, moderation is the key, as with everything else.)

Monika

[Edited at 2007-08-30 18:51]
Collapse

biankonera
biankonera  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 06:03
Italian to Latvian
+ ...
no chocolate:)) Aug 30, 2007

no chocolate (Nutella) at home and also deadlines sometimes make me nervous.:D however in general Im from those people who are not the nervous kind.:)

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 00:03
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Nutella - of course! Aug 30, 2007

bramasole wrote:

no chocolate (Nutella) at home

I have been a Nutella fanatic for years, and finally became very happy when they started selling it at newstands (yup, you heard that right!) here in Rio!

What I do to make sure my chocolate stash doesn't run out is always have some powdered chocolate on hand so I can whip up a batch of brownies in a pinch.

But I'm not addicted, no, of course not.

My father, however, was a true chocolate addict. When he lived in Mexico he kept the refrigerator supplied with chocolate bars so they wouldn't melt, then he'd take one out, lie down on the bed and put it on his bare chest to thaw out. 9 times out of 10 he'd fall asleep and end up with a gooey mess in the bed!

The other thing he'd do is keep a can of Hershey's syrup by the bed - with a straw in it.

Sorry, I know this thread is about nervousness, but I just had to tell that chocolate story!

Amy

[Edited at 2007-08-30 18:29]

[Edited at 2007-08-30 18:29]

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:03
Danish to English
+ ...
no chocolate Aug 30, 2007

I love chocolate, I love chocolate, and I just had to check that as my answer to this poll.

Nervous with or without work - oh no.

When I am not busy working, I am busy with the rest of my life. I love having a lot of work and also enjoy the days without work.

You should try the truffles from the Harry and David's company.

P.S. I weigh 115 US pounds at 5'2".

[Edited at 2007-08-30 18:40]

Sandra Emberger
Sandra Emberger
Germany
Local time: 05:03
English to German
+ ...
out of chocolate :o Aug 30, 2007

Same with me. I need to know that there is some chocolate to rely on just in case.

I don't eat too much of it, but I need to know it's there.

Always thought that I was the only one with that burden

Maria Diaconu
Maria Diaconu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 06:03
English to Romanian
Always nervous... Aug 30, 2007

...with or without chocolate

Luciana E. Lovatto
Luciana E. Lovatto  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
Having no work Aug 30, 2007

I don`t like chocolate so much ... Being out of work for several days makes me feel very nervous.

Fernando D. Walker
Fernando D. Walker  Identity Verified

English to Spanish
+ ...
Having no work... Aug 30, 2007

That is what really makes me nervous. I can stand having no work at all during one week at the most, but then problems arise: I start walking around, bad mood appears, and the earth begins trembling... I really need to work; I can’t be at home without doing anything.

Have a nice day!

Fernando

Judy Almodovar
Judy Almodovar
Italy
English to Tagalog
+ ...
no chocolate! Aug 30, 2007

Everytime my husband find out where I hide the chocolates it makes me nervous because he ate it all, only chocolate can make me smile and feel calm when I am stress due to consecutive jobs with 3 different language pairs that makes me even eat my tongue when I talk to my kids and also when there's no job.

María Leticia Cazeneuve
María Leticia Cazeneuve  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Other Aug 30, 2007

No COFFEE at home!!

My poor nails must suffer then...

Sophie Dzhygir
Sophie Dzhygir  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Other Aug 30, 2007

Being a bit short in time to complete a job. Luckily this doesn't happen too often!

I'm not too fond of chocolate anyway...

Cristina Heraud-van Tol
Cristina Heraud-van Tol  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 22:03
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
No chocolate at home! Aug 30, 2007

What a good option to add to that questionnaire! That makes me work and work, and be happy. Right now, next to me, there's a nice bar of choc with peanuts.

None of the above... Aug 30, 2007

What makes me nervous most is when I am unable to find terminology that makes me giggle (with satisfaction).

As for me, I don't like chocolates, period!
But that does not mean I have no empathy to evil people such as chocoholics and/or people with chocolate addiction such as majority of you commenters of this forum!

When you eat chocolate, eat no other than Dark Chocolate with, preferablly, 70% or more cocoa!

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: In general what makes you nervous?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »