dicas, ajudas para preparar concurso de entrada numa escola de interpretes
Thread poster: biqueirense
biqueirense
biqueirense
Local time: 18:10
French to Portuguese
Feb 22, 2006

Ca estou eu neste fantastico recinte linguistico!
Candidatei-me no concurso de aferição da escola mais prestigiosa no que diz respeito a formaçao de interprete de conferência de Paris (ESIT).
Estou muito angustiada por não haver propriamente dito material para preparar esse concurso que consta numa primeira prova escrita chamada "aptitude verbale" e outra oral destinada a comprovar a sua eficacia na interpretação de um comunicado geralmente intimamente ligados a actualidade.Ma
... See more
Ca estou eu neste fantastico recinte linguistico!
Candidatei-me no concurso de aferição da escola mais prestigiosa no que diz respeito a formaçao de interprete de conferência de Paris (ESIT).
Estou muito angustiada por não haver propriamente dito material para preparar esse concurso que consta numa primeira prova escrita chamada "aptitude verbale" e outra oral destinada a comprovar a sua eficacia na interpretação de um comunicado geralmente intimamente ligados a actualidade.Mas como preparar da melhor maneira essas duas provas?
Estejam a vontade pois não estou a espera de um tipo de resposta precisa...
Sem mais até breve...
Collapse

Conrado Portugal
Conrado Portugal
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
The entrance test Feb 22, 2006

Dear biqueirense,

The entrance test of many interpreting schools have to parts as you say:

1- reading comprehension of a text. Where comprehension means writing a little summary + listening comprehension where you listen to short speeches in your different working languages, you concentrate and try to remember in order to render later the content of what you've heard as complete as possible. This way they test your memory, your knowledge of all your working languages in
... See more
Dear biqueirense,

The entrance test of many interpreting schools have to parts as you say:

1- reading comprehension of a text. Where comprehension means writing a little summary + listening comprehension where you listen to short speeches in your different working languages, you concentrate and try to remember in order to render later the content of what you've heard as complete as possible. This way they test your memory, your knowledge of all your working languages including the skills in your mother tongue and your analysis skills

2- questions about things going on in the world like: who is the President of the European Comission, what is the meaning of FIFA and the like. They test if you are aware of what is happening around the world as well as your general knowledge.

Maybe the entrance test of the school where you are sitting the test differs lightly. You can ask directly in the school what kind of preparation they advice you to use.

Anyway, I would recommend you to read newspapers and magazines everyday in a very concentrate way in all your working languages. Listen and watch TV in the languages you'll be examined. You can try to do yourself or with someone else's help the type of memory exercises I explained before.

I hope this helps

Good luck for your test

Conrado

[Edited at 2006-02-23 15:38]
Collapse

biqueirense
biqueirense
French to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
Agradecimento Feb 23, 2006

Um muito obrigada pela resposta, é nesse mesmo sentido que estou a trabalhar apesar de muito angustiada.E a nivel de recursos expressivos, sera que haja um glossario de estratégias linguisticas que possam funcionar para uma maioria de comunicações orais, que possam dar ênfase, vida a uma restituição oral?

Um abraço

Conrado Portugal
Conrado Portugal
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
In English Feb 23, 2006

Why dont you post this thread in English or French? I am sure you will get many more and very useful pieces of information- unfortunately, Portuguese is not so widely used here as the other two, IMHO.

Cheers

Conrado

Gabriela Frazao
Gabriela Frazao  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:10
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Um excelente conselho Feb 23, 2006

a comunidade francesa ou inglesa provavelmente poderá sugerir qualquer coisa melhor ao nosso colega.
Saudações
Gabriela

conrado portugal wrote:

Why dont you post this thread in English or French? I am sure you will get many more and very useful pieces of information- unfortunately, Portuguese is not so widely used here as the other two, IMHO.

Cheers

Conrado

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

dicas, ajudas para preparar concurso de entrada numa escola de interpretes

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »