.PDF Files - How to edit them?
Thread poster: MSorano
MSorano
MSorano
Local time: 04:25
English to Portuguese
Sep 19, 2002

Could anyone tell me how to edit .PDF texts? I know that Adobe has a software called Distiller, but it is toooooo expensive. Is there anything else? Thanks.
[addsig]

pbp28
pbp28  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
acrobat 5.0 Sep 20, 2002

as far as I know, you need Acrobat 5 and the Distiller

Pilar

Valentinas & Halina Kulinic
Valentinas & Halina Kulinic  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:25
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
PDF could not be edited Sep 20, 2002

I am afraid you cannot edit .PDF files unless you have source they were produces from (e.g. FrameMaker or Page Maker files).

MSorano
MSorano
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your prompt reply. Sep 25, 2002

I think I´ll have to do some cut and paste to work with the text. Thank you anyway.

mmachado (X)
mmachado (X)
English to Portuguese
Expensive but worthwhile Sep 27, 2002

Hello,

In fact Adobe is a bit expensive but really worthwhile. It is very easy to work with and enables us to do quite a few things apart from translating graphics and other material when there is no other format available. For people working on proofreading, this program also enables to highlight text to be changed at DTP stage when proofreaders cannot touch the text it self. I have bought it last March and it has payed itself already.

Might be somethi
... See more
Hello,

In fact Adobe is a bit expensive but really worthwhile. It is very easy to work with and enables us to do quite a few things apart from translating graphics and other material when there is no other format available. For people working on proofreading, this program also enables to highlight text to be changed at DTP stage when proofreaders cannot touch the text it self. I have bought it last March and it has payed itself already.

Might be something to consider and to put on the list of \"things to buy\".

Hope this is useful

Best regards,

Mónica

Collapse

MSorano
MSorano
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
I'll give it a second thought. Oct 1, 2002

Probably I\'ll have to buy it in the near future regardless of the cost. Thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.PDF Files - How to edit them?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »