Off topic: Traduçao: "I can't stand it anymore more"
Thread poster: Dubin
Dubin
Dubin
French to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 15, 2007

Hola,

perdonad que no sepa expresarme en portugués.

Necesito saber cómo se traduciría al portugués ese estribillo de una canción de la Velvet Underground: "I can't stand it anymore more".

Sorry for no writing in Portuguese. I need the translation of this bit of a song: "I can't stand it anymore, more"

Moito obrigado

Fabio Descalzi
Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 13:54
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Sugerencia Aug 15, 2007

Buen día Javier,
va a ser mejor si preguntas un KudoZ http://www.proz.com/?sp=k2
para una frase de esta longitud, perfectamente se puede formular por allí.
Aporta suficiente contexto, y listo.
Suerte,
Fabio

[Edited at 2007-08-15 14:39]

BethN
BethN
English to Portuguese
eu não aguento mais isso Aug 15, 2007

Javier Paricio wrote:

Hola,

perdonad que no sepa expresarme en portugués.

Necesito saber cómo se traduciría al portugués ese estribillo de una canción de la Velvet Underground: "I can't stand it anymore more".

Sorry for no writing in Portuguese. I need the translation of this bit of a song: "I can't stand it anymore, more"

Moito obrigado

Eu não aguento maIS ISSO

Katarina Peters
Katarina Peters  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:54
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I can't stand it anymore more Aug 15, 2007

I hope you understand English, because the phrase seems to be gramatically incorrect, there is no such thing as "anymore more", unless the last "more" is some kind of a refrain or echo.

But here is the Portuguese translation:

"Nao aguento mais, mais"
or:
"Nao consigo suportar mais, mais"
or:
"Nao posso mais, mais"

Dubin
Dubin
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Obrigado Aug 15, 2007

Katarina Peters wrote:

there is no such thing as "anymore more", unless the last "more" is some kind of a refrain or echo.

You're right, that sentence is part of the lyrics of a song and the last "more" is just an echo that I would like to keep somehow in the Portuguese translation.

I don't know Portuguese, so I don't know if you can put "isso" before "mais" and say:
"Nao aguento isso mais, mais"

That may be the best translation, but if it doesn' t sound right, other possibilities are:

Eu nao aguento mais isso, isso

or taking the "it" away and translate the way Katarina suggested: Nao aguento mais, mais,etc

[Edited at 2007-08-15 15:27]

Katarina Peters
Katarina Peters  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:54
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mais Aug 15, 2007

You are right, you have to see how the words fit into the melody and then you can decide which way is the best. It's the poetic license of the lyricist...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Traduçao: "I can't stand it anymore more"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »